PDA

View Full Version : Alder Strips?

Scott Shepherd
12-09-2012, 2:57 PM
Is there a good source beside's Colorado Heirloom for 1/8" prefinished alder sheet? The 4" x 24" pieces? I have no issues with Colorado Heirloom, I've just got a customer pushing a rush job through and I'm hoping to not have to wait for it to come by ground (it's 4-5 days for us).

Any east coast or even mid-west suppliers? If not, I'll have to pass the news on and deal with it.

Thanks,
Steve

Martin Boekers
12-09-2012, 3:14 PM
I hate to say it but, Laserbits sells them, I believe someone here at SMC sells them to.
I believe his name is George Pertzel or something similar check Friends of the Creek.

I buy wood from these guys also, it may not be finished, but sanded on two sides.

www.ocoochhardwoods.com/scroll_saw_lumber.php (http://www.ocoochhardwoods.com/scroll_saw_lumber.php)

Scott Shepherd
12-09-2012, 3:22 PM
Laserbits is coming from Arizona, I think, which is about the same as Colorado on the shipping. Maybe no one on the east coast stock it.

Tony Lenkic
12-09-2012, 5:46 PM
Laserbits has another warehouse in Columbus OH,

Mike Null
12-10-2012, 6:24 AM
Steve

I found that it's better to have CH apply an extra coat of lacquer to theirs. Especially if you're going to paint fill. Their stuff is good though.