PDA

View Full Version : OT: More on Grizzly

John Miliunas
05-05-2003, 8:27 PM
Maybe this should be on the "Support" forum, but the original thread started here, so... At any rate, it appears that Bill Crofutt may have things under control for Jay. If anyone recalls, I also mentioned some not-so-pleasant experience(s) with Grizz. I let Bill know about it. It was simply that I had attempted on several occassions to order a catalog from them via the order on their site and never received one. I tried emailing them (via web site again) several times, but still nothing. :(

Bill told me that the catalogs are an extremely important part of their business and he seemed honestly upset of the snafu. He explained that they use a bulk mailer for that service and something may have went goofy. At any rate, he told me he would personally get one out to me, NOT bulk mail. That was this last Friday, mid-morning. I came home from work today to find a "Priority", USPS package. :D Yes, it contained the main Grizzly catalog, as well as their Summer sale catalog and even a "discontinued merchandise" flyer! This folks, is basically within one full business day! That's Customer Service, in my book! :D

The only problem I have now is to keep the drool from ruining my new wish lists! Thanks Bill! :D :D :cool:

Ron Meadows
05-05-2003, 8:43 PM
John,

Wish you'd been more specific about your problem with Grizz. I've got 3 of their new catalogs....would have gladly sent you one of mine.

Ron

John Miliunas
05-05-2003, 8:51 PM
Hmmm....Maybe Bill was right and we DO have a woodworking mailman somewhere along the way out here!:D

Yeah, I used to get the big catalog and the "specials" mailings, too, but nothing in a long, long time. Bill made that right, though.:D I'm already eyeing up a couple items! :D :D :cool:

Tom Gattiker
05-06-2003, 1:57 PM
... about the health of the company when you have to go high up the ladder to get good service. The companies I admire are the ones in which everyone (incl the web site) gets it right every time.

Tom

Ron Meadows
05-06-2003, 4:55 PM
And what exactly would the name of the "eutopic" company that accomplishes this? I don't know of a single one that hasn't had their fair share of problems along the way. From my own personal experience I know that Delta, Performax, Jet, Porter Cable.......can't remember any more at this exact moment have all had their troubles with products and haven't always fixed them on the first attempt.

Sure would be nice if a company could live up to your expectations, but I don't believe that any of them do.

Please prove me wrong

Tom Gattiker
05-06-2003, 4:59 PM
certainly comes to mind.

John Miliunas
05-06-2003, 6:36 PM
Not a LOT of purchases, thus far, on my end, but the ones I have had, were quite smooth. :cool:

Ken Wright
05-06-2003, 8:47 PM
meet those expectations each and every time and always have. I've even gotten good service from Delta lately and that's really appreciated.....

Ron Meadows
05-06-2003, 9:03 PM
I wasn't saying that there aren't good companies out there, but none of them get everything right every time. Not possible. I've received what I would consider to be good service from plenty of companies but none have been perfect, nor do I expect them to be. The best that we can hope for is that any problems that do arise are taken care of promptly and that we are treated with some concern.

Jim Becker
05-06-2003, 9:14 PM
Bill is definitely one of the good guys and really cares about things. He's been monitoring other woodworking forums (including one that I help moderate) for some time and has jumped in to "right a wrong" on a number of occasions. He's also helped me privately on understanding some key facts about something so that I didn't misrepresent it...and I appreciated it very much.

While my shop is fairly well stocked and currently only has one Grizzly tool (G1276 Combo Sander) I would not hesitate to have one of their tools on the "short list" for any future purchases if I have a need. Why? Because of folks like Bill.

Ron Meadows
05-06-2003, 10:06 PM
Bill has helped me out a couple times too. I think that is says a lot about him that he cares enough to surf the multitude of ww forums out there and tries to help when he can. He spends a lot of time hushing rumors and lies about grizzly too. Pity that he has to waste his time doing that.

Paul Kunkel
05-06-2003, 10:33 PM
:D...I'd get another "Grizzly". And probably will someday. Never had a problem they couldn't satisfy me.