PDA

View Full Version : Craig list score

Rick Potter
12-09-2012, 3:31 AM
Just picked up a Bosch 1617 EVSPK router kit, new, only used once to try it out. This is the one with the wooden handles, regular and plunge bases. Got it for $70:cool:. On Amazon now for $185.

Patience is rewarded sometimes. I called on it a week ago, when the price was $100, and he was not negotiable at all. I decided to take a chance and let the listing age a bit. Last nite I saw he had updated the posting to $80, or make offer. I went to see it, and offered him $70, which he took in a heartbeat. I almost paid the original $100 a week ago, but decided to wait. We both walked away happy, me with a good deal, and he was the type where his time was more important than a few bucks.

I have often found really good buys on items that have been listed for a while. You just have to be willing to lose it if you wait too long. That is how I got my OMGA RAS for $100. It started at $800, I called, and after a couple weeks called again, and he went down to $400. Finally, he called me, and said just bring him some wine and take it home. I brought $100, no wine, and brought it home. I really think it was just left at a building he lived in. He knew nothing about it, and just wanted it gone. This is the really short version of that story.

Paul Incognito
12-09-2012, 5:40 AM
Nice score! I've found the same thing with Craigslist, if you can wait them out, you can get a better deal. But I've lost more than a few that way, too.
BTW, where's the pics? I believe you, but others?...
Paul

Harold Burrell
12-09-2012, 6:58 AM
Yuo really do suck, you know...

;)

Congrats!

Bill Huber
12-09-2012, 8:30 AM
I can't see anything, no pictures, didn't happened... that's the rule.

Myk Rian
12-09-2012, 8:34 AM
บบบบ

Rick Potter
12-09-2012, 11:11 AM
You know this picture thing is elder abuse.

What if I didn't have a digital camera? What if I did and didn't know how to use it? What if I did, but was too dumb and unretrainable to put the pics on the computer? What if my grandaughter got me to this point, and I was too dumb to get them on this site?

Of course these are hypothetical questions, nothing to do with me, understand?

Rick Potter

Joseph Tarantino
12-09-2012, 11:50 AM
what if you just post a few pics? you know, so the rest of us can either hate you or enjoy your good fortune along with you. ;)

Stephen Cherry
12-09-2012, 11:51 AM
That is how I got my OMGA RAS for $100. It started at $800, I called, and after a couple weeks called again, and he went down to $400. Finally, he called me, and said just bring him some wine and take it home. I brought $100, no wine, and brought it home. I really think it was just left at a building he lived in. He knew nothing about it, and just wanted it gone. This is the really short version of that story.

You are absolutely right about letting listings "age". Sounds like you have the technique down. It's all about helping sellers realize that their pricing is too high, and being at the right place at the right time, with cash in hand.

glenn bradley
12-09-2012, 11:55 AM

What if I didn't have a digital camera? What if I did and didn't know how to use it? What if I did, but was too dumb and unretrainable to put the pics on the computer?

One of my favorite lines when helping my 88 year old dad through a computer problem is "do you still have the box that came in?" After asking that he suddenly becomes much smarter because he knows the next line is "good, take that thing back because you're wayyy too stupid to own a computer!". :D

Victor Robinson
12-09-2012, 12:44 PM

What if I didn't have a digital camera? What if I did and didn't know how to use it? What if I did, but was too dumb and unretrainable to put the pics on the computer? What if my grandaughter got me to this point, and I was too dumb to get them on this site?

Rick Potter

LMAO!! That made my day, really.

Paul McGaha
12-09-2012, 12:53 PM

Rick Potter

What if that person got one of his kids or grand kids to help him with the pictures. That's what I do. I can just about do it by myself now.

Just kidding, Congratulations on the purchase, I think you got a good deal.

PHM

Mike Cozad
12-09-2012, 1:38 PM
"do you still have the box that came in?" After asking that he suddenly becomes much smarter because he knows the next line is "good, take that thing back because you're wayyy too stupid to own a computer!". :D

Haha, that's great! I have to remember that! I can think of all kinds of uses with all kinds of people and situations for that! Thanks, you brought some much needed sun and joy to a very gray and rainy day!! !!

Oh and you suck! I have been patiently waiting for a great deal on that router kit to happen in my neck of the woods and have had no luck yet. Good on ya!