PDA

View Full Version : Pleasant surprise on parts cost

Ole Anderson
12-08-2012, 1:32 PM
I have had a Milwaukee 6490 10" miter saw for at least 15 years now. I noticed today how wide the kerf was in the baseplate (ZCI). So I went online to see about getting a new one. I googled the saw model and then picked eReplacementParts.com. Up came the correct parts diagram, and on the same page was the parts pricing. When it came up at $1.76 I was speechless, which made sense as I was by myself at the time. But $1.76 for a ZCI, come on... Well I ordered all they had in stock, which was only two. So I figured they would hit me with at least $10 for shipping which is common on replacement part companies. Shipping was only $5.94, so for a grand total of $9.46 I will have two brand new base plates for my MS. Yee ha!

Mike Henderson
12-08-2012, 2:19 PM
Yep, I've used eReplacementParts.com several times and have been very satisfied. One time they told me that one of the parts was out of stock but I only had to wait about an extra week or ten days for it. Good people.

Mike

Ellen Benkin
12-09-2012, 1:49 PM
Thanks for the referral. I've been trying to find a new baseplate for my PC miter saw and they had it listed.

Harvey Melvin Richards
12-09-2012, 4:10 PM
Besides parts, they also have a repair forum and other info. It's always my first stop for parts.