PDA

View Full Version : Acacia Boxes

Kathy Marshall
12-08-2012, 1:20 AM
Earlier this week, I went out to the shop to work on the coasters and once again, once I had the log roughed to a cylinder I just couldn't make myself turn another freeking coaster :eek:, so I turned a box instead with the intention of giving it to the tree trimmers.
Yesterday I stopped by their house to drop off the coasters that were done and the box. The loved the coasters and really loved the box. They asked if I would make 2 more boxes for a couple of their special clients, so I turned one last night and another tonight.
The 1st one is about 5" wide by 4" tall (I didn't measure it), the other 2 are 4" x 4". All are finished with antique oil. I prefer the cleaner forms of the last 2, the 1st one was just playing around, just glad they liked it!

Thanks for looking!
Comments and critiques are welcome.

Bob Rotche
12-08-2012, 8:36 AM
Very cool boxes, Kathy! You really matched the grain up nicely.

Bernie Weishapl
12-08-2012, 9:35 AM
Really nice boxes Kathy. Love the wood.

Doug W Swanson
12-08-2012, 9:53 AM
Those are great! I like the simple finial. That's some good looking wood, too.

Maybe next time you can make a box to hold some coasters!:eek:

Roger Chandler
12-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Nice job on these K! I really like the way the AO looks with the Accacia......nice clean lines and I wish you had included a pic of the inside :)

Steve Schlumpf
12-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Two totally different looks for boxes - each style works! I am sure your tree trimming friends will love them! Sure is some rich color!! Nice work!

Curt Fuller
12-08-2012, 10:30 AM
That little Hersheys Kiss on top is great and the box is just big enough to hold a handful of them.

Joe Bradshaw
12-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Very good looking boxes Kathy. Good grain match. On box number one, I think that if you continued the curve of the top down the sides, it would have a sweeter look, plus it would feel better in your hands It must be great to be on your wood mailing list. Boxes are addictive are they not.