PDA

View Full Version : Do china lasers do 3D?

Michael Arruda
12-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Hello,

I have a project that I currently use an Epilog Helix 75w on. For this project, I use the 3D function of the epilog driver- it interprets beam intensity by levels of gray put out by Corel to laser a 'dimensional' image.

I am looking at manufacturing this product myself at my shop, where I don't have a CNC. I cannot afford a domestic laser, and have a lead on a good used Redsail M500 50w at a price we can afford.

My question is, with the Redsail, or the Lightobject upgrade controller, would I be able to utilize a function similar to what I do with the Epilog 3D raster function?

Thank you,
Michael

walter hofmann
12-08-2012, 5:00 AM
Hi there
with the AWC 608 from light object you can do some 3D engraving it all depends on the picture .
I use picture with lots of grey but convert them to bitmap and engrave it. there is not special function for it
greetings
waltfl

Michael Arruda
12-08-2012, 1:39 PM
This is for rifle stock style checkering, so the detail is pretty small. Currently I go directly out of Corel with no bitmap intermediate so that I don't lose any detail. How far does the Chinese controller down sample a grayscale bitmap?

Thank you,
Michael

Rodne Gold
12-08-2012, 2:01 PM
The software I use , Rdcam/Laserworks is supposed to do both greyscale generated 3d and stamp modes , never tried it tho...hard to figure out the chinglese....

Rich Harman
12-08-2012, 5:15 PM
Yes, LaserWorks does greyscale 3d. They call it "Output Direct".

jeff glynn
12-09-2012, 6:04 AM
Hi how do you accsess the greyscale 3d in the LaserWorks software that they call "Output Direct".t
I find the instructions for laserworks not very helpfull.