PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating afternoon in she shop....

George Bokros
12-07-2012, 3:21 PM
I was fitting a door to the cabinet and dropped it. It split and cracked so at the end of the day I will be back to where I started after lunch today. Was able to salvage the raised panel so only had to make rails and stiles. Guess that saving the raised panel is good.

George

scott vroom
12-07-2012, 3:27 PM
I was fitting a door to the cabinet and dropped it. It split and cracked so at the end of the day I will be back to where I started after lunch today. Was able to salvage the raised panel so only had to make rails and stiles. Guess that saving the raised panel is good.

George

If it makes you feel any better, I had to make the same glued-up drawer front 3 times last week (don't ask ):o Good thing the shop walls don't have ears.

Jay Jolliffe
12-07-2012, 4:52 PM
The other day i was inlaying a compass rose into a maple bookcase top. Everything was going great. That's bad sign sometimes. I started sanding it down to get the veneer tape of & all of a sudden the holly started to turn yellow. The compass rose that I made a while back was laminated two pieces of veneer to make it thicker & I completely forgot that I did that. So after hrs of cutting it in & making another compass rose just a little bigger than the last, inlaying that one in then sanding I had hrs into that I'm not getting paid for because I messed up. So know I make my own veneer .040" thick so that won't happen again. This is the end product.247335247336

Joe Angrisani
12-07-2012, 6:12 PM
Split happens, George.

;)

Kent A Bathurst
12-07-2012, 6:21 PM
Split happens, George.

;)

:D :D :D

Unless it was completely ruined, I'da thunk that CA glue and clamps might've repaired it?

The extent to which I have developed my repair skills has, on occasion, made me ponder the state of my actual woodworking skills..............

Jerry Thompson
12-07-2012, 6:41 PM
I'm only making items made with wood that is good for smoking meat.