PDA

View Full Version : Festool Dust extractor

Mike Hedges
04-25-2005, 9:37 AM
Thinking about buying a Festool Dust Extractor ? Is it worth the extra money to get the CT33e at 455.00 or the CT 22e at 385.00 . The CT33e is 8.7 gal, and the CT22 E is 5.3 . Not a production shop ---just a serious woodwooker .

Jim Becker
04-25-2005, 9:59 AM
Honestly, I am very pleased with the CT22 and couldn't imagine needing the larger CT33, especially for dust extraction. For general shop cleanup, I still use the old Ridgid "screamer"! The only meaningful difference between the CT22 and the CT33 is "storage" capacity. Otherwise, they are identical in performance.

And for a better price on the CT22...buy it as a package with another tool...hee hee :D (The Devil made me say that...)

Frank Pellow
04-25-2005, 10:26 AM
I agree with JIm. I have had my CT22 for over a year and have never wished it was larger. Unlike Jim, I also use the CT22 as a "clean up" vacuum. I move my Festool vacuum around a lot, both up and down stairs and in my car, and the larger heavier unit would make these moves more difficult.

Christian Aufreiter
04-25-2005, 6:12 PM
As a hobby woodworker, I’m perfectly satisfied with the capacity of the CT 22. I use mine primarily hooked up to my handheld power tools but also for general shop clean up. If you are going to move your vac around from time to time (for example, if you are going to install cabinets or trim a door at your friends' house) you might appreciate the smaller size of the CT 22.
If I had to do jobs like that on a daily basis, I'd buy the CT Mini in addition to the CT 22.

Hope this helps,

Christian

Dave Falkenstein
04-25-2005, 8:07 PM
I'm with the other guys - the CT22 has adequate capacity for a home shop. The specs on the two dust collectors are the same except for the size of the tank.

Greg Mann
04-25-2005, 9:36 PM
Imagine this, a Festool thread with no controversy. :D I concur with the rest. CT22 does the trick for me.

Greg

Don Selke
04-25-2005, 10:42 PM
I have had the CT22 for the past two years and it is a great machine. You can completly fill the dust bag and it still works great. I use mine for all my sanding operations and like Jim, use the old Craftsman for shop clean up operations. Like all the other Festool products, it was expensive but well worth the money spent.