PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic air filter

Clarence Martin
12-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Saw a new Powermatic Air Filter on the Powermatic website. Anyone have this machine ? Worth the money ?

Dick Holt
12-06-2012, 1:35 PM
Clarence,
I have had one for a couple years now. Its kinda hard to get excited over an air filter, but I do like it. The Jet I had before this didn't last very long, the motor died. Rather than replace the motor I bought the PM. It is quieter than the Jet. The one thing I really do like is that the remote, unlike other brands, works on radio frequency and does not have to be pointed directly at the unit. The remote also tells you what speed it is on and if the timer is on. I bought it when Powermatic was having a 10 % off sale. It turned out to bve about the same price as other good brands such as JDS, etc. It appears to be a well made unit and I would buy it again. Hope this helps.

Dick

Steve Peterson
12-06-2012, 1:55 PM
I have one and I really like it.

It appears to have a larger surface area on the inner filter than many of the others. The specs list slightly higher airflow on the max setting. I usually only run at level 1 or 2.

I also like the timer that allows up to 9 hours of timed operation with 1 hour increments. Other brands have only 2, 4, and 8 hour settings. Most of the time I usually just give it 1 hour when I leave the shop.

The remote has an LCD display that shows the settings. No need to look up at the ceiling. I have the remote right by the door, so I can set the timer as I leave.

I also had a max height limit of around 14" because I wanted to mount it where the garage door opens. It fits perfectly and has a great airflow pattern in my shop.

It comes with a 5 year warrantee, vs 1 year on most others.

There are lots of reasons that I like it. Every feature on it seems to be slightly better than the other brands.

I paid $365 last year on black friday, so the price was the same as the normal price for a Jet and only a few dollars more than Rikon. I see it listed online today for $405 with free shipping. It is well worth it.

Steve

Paul McGaha
12-06-2012, 3:06 PM
Clarence,

I like mine. I've had since 2009. I'd recommend it.

I read in a tool test that the Powermatic is supposed to have a really good remote control. I think it has more functions than some of the other manufacturers.

It's a nice unit, no complaints at all. And per my Dylos meter those air filters do help.

Good luck with it.

PHM

Clarence Martin
12-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the replies!

I have an older Ridgid canister style air filter that I have hanging above the lathe. It does a good job, but it is getting older and it's only 250 CFM

Scott Haddix
12-06-2012, 10:44 PM
+1 on the PM. Also had it a couple years and pleased with performance and low noise level.

Mark Levitski
12-08-2012, 7:13 PM
Another one that has the PM, and like it a lot. Remote is great.