PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Eclipse startup help

Brandon Beck-2
12-05-2012, 12:24 PM
I just purchased an Epilog Eclipse 25W system. Since Epilog no longer supports this platform, I was wondering if anyone has a PDF of the manual, or a hard copy I could buy. I was also wondering if anyone has a copy of the print driver laying around they could send me a copy of. I would really appreciate any help anyone can provide. I've done a few things with it so far, it burns solid squares really well, but gets spotty with text and anything else, but I am just using the HP Laserjet 2000 print driver, so I don't really know what to expect with that. If anybody has any tips or tricks I would also appreciate that. The price was right with this machine if I can get it to do some basic things! Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.

greg lindsey
12-06-2012, 1:06 AM
Brandon, are you sure it's an Eclipse and not an Express. I have never seen an eclipse and I've been around epilogs for a long time, maybe this one has gotten by me
Do you have any pics of it.

Brandon Beck-2
12-06-2012, 3:46 PM
Greg,
Thanks for the reply. I checked the back of the machine, it states that the model is 1000/25A. If you still need a picture I can post one.

Mark Sipes
12-06-2012, 7:06 PM
Another site list the 1000/25a as a 1994 model laser - Pre Windows 95.....

Mark Sipes
12-06-2012, 10:04 PM
One for sale on Ebay... Might contact sell to see if they have a manual or driver

Brandon Beck-2
12-07-2012, 2:11 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I contacted the ebay seller and we'll see. I have a few more observations to add:

1. The laser prints solids ok using the HP LaserJet 2000 driver. It did skip a few lines in a solid rectangle, would this be a power supply issue?

2. I can't get it to print text at all. Is there a different driver for printing text that I should be using? It will make a few sketchy marks and that's it

3. I have not been able to get it to mark anodized aluminum. Is there a special process for doing this? It has discolored slightly some blanks but you have to hold it a certain way to even see it. I also noticed I will need a new mirror as it's pretty bad, could this be the only problem with not marking the aluminum but doing ok with wood? Do you have any good recommendations for a place to get replacement mirrors, and what is going to be the recommended coating/material

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

Mike Null
12-07-2012, 2:43 PM
No real expertise here but the fact that the HP driver works at all is just luck. You'll have to have the right driver and you can try Epilog to see if somewhere in their archives they have a copy.

Optics are critical to producing quality engraving on all substrates so your lens and mirrors should be in top condition. If they are not replace them.

nate carman
12-11-2012, 2:52 AM
I have an Epilog Eclipse as well, i have the drivers on my work computer, ill try to remember to post them here for you. the drivers i have are for Windows XP x86 (32bit). im not sure if there is x64 or even windows 7 drivers available, but can always try them on other OS's if you arent running regular XP.

as for the skipping lines and printing text and images just coming out as squares. well text usually needs to be converted to outlines for lasers to run em. and if you are gettin nothing but very very faint marks on your material, i would recommend cleaning your mirrors and lenses. there are 2 mirrors and 2 lenses if i remember correctly. use lens cleaner, can buy it at some hardware stores and some radio shacks, be sure to only use very very soft cloth like micro fiber. also make sure your table is level and the laser is aimed right.

if everything is clean and level and aligned correctly. make sure whatever you try to send is true black which is RGB 0 0 0. if its in CMYK, convert the image to RGB and make it RGB black, cmyk black isnt really black and can cause issues.

also check your properties for the laser. start menu > control panel > printers and faxes. right click the eclipse and select properties. in the ports tab make sure the port LPT1 is checked and will say, Epilog Eclipse in the description. then in the advanced tab in the middle theres an option that says 'allow jobs to be spooled ect...' and one that says 'send jobs directly to printer' you want the 2nd option selected. also DO NOT share the laser.

as for the skipping lines, make sure the door closed sensor, is a little metal piece on the lid u will see where it trips the sensor when the door is closed. make sure that its actually seated all the way down when the lid is closed. the way this laser works is when you open the lid during a job, it turns off the laser immediatly but the motor will finish the line its on, but when you restart an interrupted job it starts on the next line so there will be unlasered lines.

Brandon Beck-2
12-12-2012, 1:36 PM
Nate,
Thank you VERY much for the reply. I'll try some of those things and see if it helps. If you can post the drivers that would be AWESOME! I'll get back with my findings once I try some of these things.