PDA

View Full Version : Ibox in action on YouTube

David Cramer
12-04-2012, 3:41 PM
Here's a video of your jig in action Alan from a regular guy (meaning he doesn't work for Incra or sell them on his own). I think he did a pretty good job of showing the jig and what it does in a short amount of time. Enjoy!

David

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuCJD8BnYiM

Richard Coers
12-04-2012, 6:30 PM
Never seen one in action before. What is going on with the board tipping from side to side till the operator puts down pressure on it? Is there a big gap in there somewhere where the board isn't supported on much aluminum?

Alan Schaffter
12-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Never seen one in action before. What is going on with the board tipping from side to side till the operator puts down pressure on it? Is there a big gap in there somewhere where the board isn't supported on much aluminum?

I was just going to comment on that. He forgot to adjust the stock shelves! Had he done so, the board would have been supported much better. The shelf to the viewer's right can be moved until it touches the index pins and the one on the viewer's left can be moved up just shy of the blade- it looks like a needless inch or more gap on each side! He could have also used the "Center-Keyed" method to eliminate the narrow finger (I call it a "widow") at the end of the joint. On the other hand you must admit, despite his haste, he did achieve a nice fitting joint. Too bad there wasn't any narration.

Rick Moyer
12-27-2012, 1:55 PM
Hey Alan! I tried to PM you but your box is apparently full. I have a small opaque cylinder in the box that I don't think is supposed to be there, or at least I don't know where it would go. Roughly 1" long, about 3/4" dia. with a longitudinal hole through it. Anybody else know what this is?

Alan Schaffter
12-27-2012, 8:51 PM
Hey Alan! I tried to PM you but your box is apparently full. I have a small opaque cylinder in the box that I don't think is supposed to be there, or at least I don't know where it would go. Roughly 1" long, about 3/4" dia. with a longitudinal hole through it. Anybody else know what this is?

Rick, that is just a packaging protector for the end of the lead screw. You can put it in the trash. Sorry about my inbox. I would be nice if the software gave a head's up a few PMs before it happens!

Rick Moyer
12-28-2012, 9:47 AM
Thanks Alan