PDA

View Full Version : Office ornament exchange

Roger Chandler
12-04-2012, 1:00 PM
My wife informed me this morning at breakfast that early next week they are doing the annual ornament exchange at the medical practice she works at [80 employees or so] and that she wanted me to make an ornament.........Geez..........talk about short notice!

One of the docs at the practice [cardiologist] turns occasionally, and his wife is an accomplished turner....so there may be more than one turned from wood in the whole shebang.....most will have to do something commercial or if they are crafty, they can perhaps make one.

This one is cedar and maple.........a little larger than my others, as the birds I have are bigger than I was getting before.........gotta go proportional!

Greg Just
12-04-2012, 1:46 PM
Very nice ornament Roger. I'm sure whoever receives it will be pleased, even the Doctor or his wife.

Roger Chandler
12-04-2012, 1:47 PM
Very nice ornament Roger. I'm sure whoever receives it will be pleased, even the Doctor or his wife.

Thanks Greg! :)

Bernie Weishapl
12-04-2012, 3:16 PM
Sheessh Roger that should have taken you ten minutes. Quit complaining.:D;) Really nice looking ornament Roger. Someone is going to be happy.

Ricc Havens
12-04-2012, 3:16 PM
Great Lookin ornament!!

Ricc

Roger Chandler
12-04-2012, 3:39 PM
Sheessh Roger that should have taken you ten minutes. Quit complaining.:D;) Really nice looking ornament Roger. Someone is going to be happy.

Well Bernie.......not quite 10 minutes.......I actually started with a piece of box elder burl.......was going to make a globe with icicle.......the box elder was too punky .......I went through the hollowing and all......that took time, but then decided it was not up to my standards......so back to the drawing board.........got the cedar off my bench and went to work......since this one was larger, I had to change the size bit for the hollowing and make adjustments to the lid fit.....but I know what you mean.......I did not mean to complain.....sorry!

The honey-do list ;) has been growing for a while and I guess turning is an opportunity sport........you have to play when the opportunity arises!:)

Scott Lux
12-04-2012, 4:12 PM
Very nice indeed.

Roger Chandler
12-04-2012, 7:40 PM
Very nice indeed.

Appreciate it Scott!