PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased a Knapp 5 in 1 combo

Blaine Anders
12-04-2012, 10:47 AM
I just purchased a knapp and I am looking for others who own one of these machines that could give me advice and answer questions as they come up. The person who bought this machine originally got it in 2003. He died 2years later from cancer and the tool has sat in the corner of the shop ever since. I bought it from his widow and have spent the last month trying to figure it all out. As far as I know it is the only one in the state of Alaska.
I have used the saw, joiner and planer so far and I have to say it is a pleasure to use.
So if there is someone out there who has one of these units and is willing to share advice it would be appreciated.

brian c miller
12-04-2012, 10:53 AM
You should see the other thread about the guy that's looking for one of these machines. I am sure they could shed some light on the subject.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?195091-WTB-Knapp-Combination-With-8-Slider

Hopefully you didn't buy yours from a guy name Ian.

Stephen Cherry
12-04-2012, 12:24 PM
I just purchased a knapp and I am looking for others who own one of these machines that could give me advice and answer questions as they come up.

Can't see it.

And welcome.

Rick Potter
12-04-2012, 1:06 PM
Blaine,

Have you contacted Laguna, the original importer of these machines. They may have a list of owners willing to assist you, even if they are out of state.

Rick Potter

David Kumm
12-04-2012, 1:18 PM
Blaine, I've got the saw shaper and can help you some. PM me. Dave

John Zahurak
12-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Hi Blaine,

I also have the slider and shaper (no planer/jointer). Happy to help if I can. PM me anytime.

John