PDA

View Full Version : Jet 1442VSK in the shop

Terre Hooks
04-24-2005, 9:36 PM
I picked up my 1442 from the freight terminal Friday. Minor damage, the handwheel on the headstock is broken, and the locking lever for the headstock was sticking out of the box, but no big deal.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones that got a 1442, but there aren't any legs for it in the US. I've heard that it will be June or so until I get some legs to put it on.

I'm looking forward to getting this thing setup and put to work. This thing appears to be a nice piece. I think I will build some sort of cabinet/storage unit to go underneath once I get a set of legs.

Gary Max
04-24-2005, 10:21 PM
What no pics----where are the pics---we want pics

Allan Johanson
04-24-2005, 11:02 PM
Hi Terre,

Sorry to hear of your broken lathe. But now I understand why you wanted me to buy one...you knew of my really bad luck with tools and knew that if I ordered one during that sale and drove down to Seattle to pick it up that I'd have the warranty problem and not you! :eek: Just kidding. :D

I hope things are resolved quickly for you.

Take care,

Allan

Terre Hooks
04-25-2005, 12:29 PM
Hi Terre,

Sorry to hear of your broken lathe. But now I understand why you wanted me to buy one...you knew of my really bad luck with tools and knew that if I ordered one during that sale and drove down to Seattle to pick it up that I'd have the warranty problem and not you!

You got me, Allan. :p

I am sure I can get Tech Service at WMH to solve this quickly. :D