PDA

View Full Version : Orders

Bernie Weishapl
12-03-2012, 9:19 AM
Well got most of my Christmas orders done. I have in the back from left to right is two cedar peppermills, a set of cedar salt and peppermills, a set of cherry salt and peppermills, along with several toothpick holders. In front in the middle is a Honduran Mahogany salt mill and antique peppermill and on the right front is a cherry antique peppermill with toothpick holder. I made some extra coasters on the left. These are 5 of the 11 orders I got. The others have already been picked up. I have 3 pens left to make yet and one antique peppermill as I sold the wifes when we ran out at the craft fair. So need to get her another one. Insides have two coats of shellac and the outsides are lacquer. Would have used water based lacquer but needed to get these finishe quickly.

Richard Jones
12-03-2012, 9:37 AM
Nicely done, Bernie.

As an aside, do you find the gloss sells better than satin? It's opposite here, so I'm guessing it's a geographical/demographical thing.

Thanks for sharing, hope these net more orders.....................

Bernie Weishapl
12-03-2012, 9:41 AM
Thanks Richard. Yes gloss does sell better around here. I made some last year that half were satin and half were gloss. All the gloss sold and didn't sell a satin one. I got several orders and they were all for gloss finsih.

Roger Chandler
12-03-2012, 9:57 AM
Really nice stuff, Bernie........your peppermills are nice and the toothpick holders are neat!

Ted Calver
12-03-2012, 10:40 AM
There's a lot of work in those Bernie. Santa's gonna need a beverage or two when the holiday rush is over. Beautiful work.

Toby Bouder
12-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Beautiful work Bernie, someday I'll have to try to make some of those.

Mike Golka
12-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Those are some great looking turnings Bernie, well done.

Greg Just
12-03-2012, 1:39 PM
Bernie you have been busy. Everything is very nice looking.

Bernie Weishapl
12-03-2012, 4:53 PM
Thanks everyone. Ted I will be having some JD and coke tonight. Hopefully relaxing watch football. lol

Steve Schlumpf
12-03-2012, 5:02 PM
Beautiful work on everything Bernie! Nice job on being able to turn matching sets of salt and pepper mills! I have a hard time turning a set of anything! Nice variety of woods! I am sure all your customers are very pleased with your work! Hope it leads to some more sales for you!

Joe Vincent 63
12-03-2012, 7:37 PM
Gorgeous work, Bernie. Your customers will be thrilled!

Joe

Mike Tilley
12-03-2012, 8:01 PM
Really nice looking pieces Bernie i'am sure they will be liked

Faust M. Ruggiero
12-03-2012, 9:13 PM
Bernie, Your work is just wonderful. The cuts and lines are so crisp. You are quite a spindle turner and as far as I am concerned, that is a skill more difficult to achieve than bowl turning skills. The finish is also perfect. As far as workings go, have you tried the ceramic crush grind mechanisms yet. If so, how well do they work compared to the conventional mechanisms?
faust

Rich Aldrich
12-03-2012, 9:47 PM
Beautiful work Bernie.

Kathy Marshall
12-03-2012, 10:03 PM
Great job on everything Bernie and congrats on all the orders! While they all look great, I think I'm partial to the cedar sets, I can smell the cedar just by looking at them!

Bernie Weishapl
12-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks again. All have been delivered but one and have netted 5 more mills. So tomorrow hopefully I can get those done.

Steve it seems this year Cedar is my most popular. Walnut peppermill and Cherry saltmill is another popular pair.

Faust thanks. Other than drilling the center out everything in the picture was turned with a Lacer skew including the beads. I generally start sanding at 180 or 220. I have tried the crush grind and they seem to work ok but I really like the Artisian pepper and salt mills from CSUSA.

Lori Kleinberg
12-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Bernie, those are beautiful pieces. I think the gloss finish really makes them stand out.

Bernie Weishapl
12-03-2012, 11:06 PM
Thanks Lori.

Leo Van Der Loo
12-04-2012, 2:06 AM
You haven't slowed down yet Bernie, nice work, enjoy the Holidays :)

charlie knighton
12-04-2012, 7:31 AM
very nice, enjoy the holidays, Bernie

Doug Herzberg
12-04-2012, 9:47 AM
Nice work, Bernie. Makes me tired just looking at it.

Bernie Weishapl
12-04-2012, 9:50 AM
Thanks again. Leo having to much fun to slow down. LOL

Charlie thanks and back at ya. I will enjoy for sure especially with grandson.

Doug it does get tiring at times but is a lot of fun to. Guess I had better get after it. 5 more to make today.

Scott Hackler
12-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Nice work Bernie. Seems like between my friends and family (because I have no customers!), here, the women prefer high gloss and the men prefer satin. Wierd huh?

Bernie Weishapl
12-04-2012, 3:19 PM
Thanks Scott. Yep I haven't figured it out. I sent some for my sister in NC to put in here window at the store. She called and told me the 6 I sent her are sold if I can do them in satin. Around here I can't sell a satin piece.

Mark Hubl
12-04-2012, 9:20 PM
Nice Bernie. Love the grinders and the coasters are a really nice touch. Hope retirement does not stress you out.

Curt Fuller
12-04-2012, 9:22 PM
Nice looking work Bernie. You have some happy customers I'll bet.

Baxter Smith
12-04-2012, 9:22 PM
Nice work on all Bernie. I thought you were retired?;):)

Bernie Weishapl
12-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Thanks again. Yep Baxter I thought I was to but figured out this is more fun than the 8 to 5 job. lol At least I can take a nap without anyone get upset with me.;)

Curt everyone was extremely happy with them.

Doug W Swanson
12-05-2012, 8:13 PM
Love the variety, Bernie. I made one pepper mill a few years ago and it was not even close to being as good as yours. One of these days I'm going to try another one!