PDA

View Full Version : PM2000 Dust Collection?

Derek Arita
12-01-2012, 11:30 AM
I'm wondering how good the dust collection setup works in the PM2000? I know that a lot depends on the suction provided, but aside from that, is the routing of the dust, effective?

John Lifer
12-01-2012, 9:11 PM
Pretty good, Won't say excellent, you really need overhead suction also. My current setup uses 4" flex to my HF collector. It gets most of the dust. I've noticed more coming out the front than when I was using my cyclone in MS, it had 8" inlet and nothing would come out the front. It has a 2" hose from base connection up to blade. I wouldn't try and base my purchasing decision on dust collection as too many variables with DC and most of the cabinet saws are close to the same.

Derek Arita
12-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Pretty good, Won't say excellent, you really need overhead suction also. My current setup uses 4" flex to my HF collector. It gets most of the dust. I've noticed more coming out the front than when I was using my cyclone in MS, it had 8" inlet and nothing would come out the front. It has a 2" hose from base connection up to blade. I wouldn't try and base my purchasing decision on dust collection as too many variables with DC and most of the cabinet saws are close to the same.
Why is that 2" not a 4"?

Mitchell Garnett
12-02-2012, 8:41 PM
ditto John's comments from me. I have a smaller DC - 1.5 hp - 4" flex hose and I also have a fair amount of dust coming out the front. I don't have overhead collection. Someday a bigger, cyclonic collector maybe...

Derek Arita
12-02-2012, 9:15 PM
ditto John's comments from me. I have a smaller DC - 1.5 hp - 4" flex hose and I also have a fair amount of dust coming out the front. I don't have overhead collection. Someday a bigger, cyclonic collector maybe...

By, "...coming out the front...", what exactly do you mean? Coming out from where?