PDA

View Full Version : Name of the company that sold hand planes

Clarence Martin
12-01-2012, 11:10 AM
I don't recall the name of the company, but I remember getting a catalog once a year from a company that sold Stanley, Clifton, Record and some German made hand planes made out of Beech . Not sure if they went out of business or changed names. They did not sell power tools, just hand tools.

Anyone know the name of the Company ?

David Weaver
12-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Highland Hardware? There are other places that sell emmerich planes and the others you mention, but they sell power tools. Not that there may not be another retailer I've never heard of.

Jim Koepke
12-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Clarence,

Welcome to the Cave beside the Creek. Your profile doesn't disclose your location.

I am wondering if you are thinking of Highland Hardware, Tools For Working Wood or Frog Tools. Not sure if any of those are actually as you describe.

You might try an internet search.

Many companies that send out catalogs will stop shipping catalogs if the addressee doesn't order over a period of time. The cost of publishing and postage is too much for sending them to folks who only want reading material in their necessary room.

jtk

Clarence Martin
12-01-2012, 11:56 AM
the Company name began with the letter "T" . They also had the Clifton Multi Plane in the catalog. Was that discontinued ? It looked real good, but expensive!!

Clarence Martin
12-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Now that I think of it, was the Stanley #78 Duplex rabbit Plane discontinued ? I got one and can't find it listed on the Stanley website.

Roy Lindberry
12-01-2012, 12:10 PM
I don't recall the name of the company, but I remember getting a catalog once a year from a company that sold Stanley, Clifton, Record and some German made hand planes made out of Beech . Not sure if they went out of business or changed names. They did not sell power tools, just hand tools.

Anyone know the name of the Company ?

I don't think they have Record planes, but you may be thinking of Traditional Woodworker (http://www.traditionalwoodworker.com/Planes-Spokeshaves-Scrapers/departments/2/).

Clarence Martin
12-01-2012, 12:22 PM
That's the place !!

Thanks !

Tom Stenzel
12-01-2012, 5:48 PM
Now that I think of it, was the Stanley #78 Duplex rabbit Plane discontinued ? I got one and can't find it listed on the Stanley website.

It's still made. Look for model 12-978 Bullnose Rabbet plane.

-Tom Stenzel