PDA

View Full Version : Tis the Season 2012

Steve Schlumpf
12-01-2012, 12:55 AM
Another eventful year went by way too quick and the Holiday Season is rapidly approaching! While we all share the love of woodturning, it goes without saying that we are a diverse group and have many different ways of celebrating at this time of year. I am extremely thankful for many things but especially for my loving family and all my friends here on the Creek!

I have a tradition, over the last few years, of decorating my lathe. I figure if it brings one smile to someone’s face – it was worth the effort! :D:D:D

So, in keeping with the spirit of this newly arrived Holiday Season ……. from my shop to yours …..

Have a wonderful - and SAFE - Holiday Season!

HBM

Curt Fuller
12-01-2012, 1:12 AM
Let the holidays begin! Steve has decorated the Beauty!

John Keeton
12-01-2012, 6:11 AM
Ahhhhhh......the traditional "Lighting of the Lathe" ceremony!!! Ms. Keeton and I have been waiting on this - now we can decorate the tree.:)

Merry Christmas to all!!

Faust M. Ruggiero
12-01-2012, 6:16 AM
Santa Schlumpf is back ringing in harbingers of the season. His mighty metal rotating sleigh driven by three mighty horses ready to deliver holiday cheer to the readers at SMC. Thanks for getting the season started, SS.

Michelle Rich
12-01-2012, 6:21 AM
:eek::D happy holidays, Steve.

Roger Chandler
12-01-2012, 7:46 AM
I wish everyone the most joyous Christmas season. I have not quite gotten where you are Steve with the decorations.........but your holiday tradition has brought a smile to my face for 3 Christmases so far........wonder if I might give that a go? My wife probably would look at me like I had lost my head, since I balk at having to put the decorations up and then have to take them down and put them away for the year...........I would never live that one down! :eek:

Blessings to all!

Greg Just
12-01-2012, 8:00 AM
Happy Holidays Steve. If you make it to the Twin Cities over the holidays, let me know. Perhaps a Creeker Get together could be arranged.

Ted Calver
12-01-2012, 8:43 AM
Now you've done it. I need to get my lights up too. Best wishes for this holiday season!

Dale Miner
12-01-2012, 8:55 AM
Clandestive stealth gloat on the Beauty tied in with a tradition. Love it!

Merry Christmas and Season's Greetings to all the shaving makers out there.

Jim Burr
12-01-2012, 9:06 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! Remember all you've been blessed with this year!

Alan Trout
12-01-2012, 9:15 AM
Steve,

I like it as always. The Robust really gives you more areas for decoration. I hope you and your family have a wonder Christmas season.

Alan

Nate Davey
12-01-2012, 9:19 AM
It's officially the Christmas Season. Steve has lit his lathe.

Mike Golka
12-01-2012, 9:27 AM
Steve your Beauty displays the subtle nuances of your creative light stringing much better than it's predecessor. The glow of the tiny bulbs shimmering off the ways, the pointer angel standing guard over the newly born hollow form.... Almost brings a tear to my eye. Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Doug W Swanson
12-01-2012, 9:43 AM
The lathe looks 'beauty'ful. And not a speck of dust as usual!

Bernie Weishapl
12-01-2012, 9:55 AM
Yep it is official. The Beauty is decked out.

Joe Bradshaw
12-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Steve, does this mean that you have completed all your Christmas turnings and are going to take Dec. off?

Dick Mahany
12-01-2012, 11:37 AM
What a FUN pic! I showed it to my wife and suggested that we do this too instead of a tree this year. Now if she would only let me back in the house :D ..............

Michael Arruda
12-01-2012, 12:05 PM
See, I tried that last year. It looked nice, and I figured it would help light up my work area better- more point sources, less hard shadows, right? But then...

things just took a turn for the worse when I turned the lathe on.

Merry Christmas!
-Michael

Ken Glass
12-01-2012, 1:31 PM
Steve,
We wish you Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, as it looks as if you will not be turning, until the holiday is over. I hope Santa leave's a new turning tool under the Lathe... HO-HO-HO. Happy Holidays to all my friends here at the Creek........

charlie knighton
12-01-2012, 3:37 PM
best deco i've seen this year, thanks for sharing Steve

Harry Robinette
12-01-2012, 3:56 PM
Steve
Thank you for the smile, I needed it .Happy Holidays to you and all the creekers. Remember to enjoy your family and friends and remember the ones that we lost. To all a VERY MERRY HOLIDAY.

Rick Markham
12-01-2012, 6:48 PM
Happy Holidays Steve! Happy Holidays fellow creekers! When I saw the title of the this post it made me smile! :D It looks like you went all out this year!

Rich Aldrich
12-01-2012, 7:22 PM
There is something about your decorating.....it seems a little more Robust this year!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Steve Schlumpf
12-01-2012, 7:43 PM
Thanks for all the comments everyone... just trying to have a little fun here!

I hope to have the HF that is on the lathe finished in a week or so and then be able to post it. Largest HF I have turned to date... and will take a while to get the interior of it sanded to get rid some of the tear-out! The form is maple but was extremely brittle when hollowing. Might have something to do with it being soaked in DNA for about 5 weeks while I went fishing and cut trails out on our property!

Rich - when you going to come over??

Marc Himes
12-02-2012, 9:43 AM
What a great picture! Rene' and I love it! Happy holidays to you, your family and everyone else on the Creek.

Mark Hubl
12-02-2012, 6:19 PM
Ho ho ho! The Beauty sure looks nice and festive under the glow of the Christmas Lights. Great tradition, can't wait to see the finished form.

David E Keller
12-02-2012, 6:33 PM
It looks great, Steve! Anybody who doesn't chuckle and smile upon seeing the beauty all lit up... Well, humbug to them!

Leo Van Der Loo
12-02-2012, 8:05 PM
Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year, HO HO HO :D

Scott Hackler
12-02-2012, 8:18 PM
Looks geat Steve. I was wondering when you would get the annual lathe decorating done. Merry Christmas to you and your better half.

Tim Rinehart
12-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Nice seeing some lasting traditions like this Steve. Well done...again, and happy holidays to you and all the Creekers.

Baxter Smith
12-02-2012, 10:32 PM
I know it must be the holiday season when the Schlumpf lathe appears in all its glory! Happy holidays to all of you!

Jim Underwood
12-02-2012, 11:26 PM
After Steve's official Christmas lathe decoration, all I need now is the next Marley Turned Christmas video!

Merry Christmas Steve!