PDA

View Full Version : CBN Wheel Shield Picture ???

Harry Robinette
11-29-2012, 1:08 PM
Don't know why anyone would want to see this its just sheet metal and tape. But Brian T here it is with some modifications
( removed the bottom got in the way ) This helps stop shavings and dust from getting to the wheel and the sparks from getting out all over the place. I clean it out after I'm done for the day. You could probably use a small box covered with tin foil.

mark ravensdale
11-29-2012, 7:31 PM
Actually I think that's not a bad idea at all, I hate cleaning up after grinding or sharpening (that metal dust seems to get all over my tiny workshop) this may at least restrict the dust to a smaller area!!!

Thanks Harry!!!

Bob Bergstrom
11-29-2012, 7:55 PM
Thanks for the picture. Looks simple and effective. I was thinking a simple fix is to cut a 1 gallon can that thinners come in to fit around the wheel. Roll over the cut edges and have a pretty good catcher. I'm sure others will chime in with other ideas but this will start the ball. Thanks again for posting.

Josh Bowman
11-29-2012, 9:20 PM
Are you suppose to clean up after sharpening? :eek: I knew I was forgetting something! QUOTE=mark ravensdale;2012216]Actually I think that's not a bad idea at all, I hate cleaning up after grinding or sharpening (that metal dust seems to get all over my tiny workshop) this may at least restrict the dust to a smaller area!!!

Thanks Harry!!![/QUOTE]

Reed Gray
11-30-2012, 11:16 AM
Well, I do have a 1/4 inch piece of plywood set up behind mine to restrict the drift. Your side shield part would be in the way for some of my sharpening. A back stop at least, is a good idea though.

robo hippy

Brian Tymchak
11-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Thanks Harry!! Really appreciate it. For whatever reason, I was just not able to envision what you and Bernie might have fashioned to catch the cuttings.