PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw Blades

Bernie Weishapl
04-24-2005, 12:51 AM
I am thinking of upgrading to either a Delta BS150LS which has a 7 inch resaw or the Jet JWBS-120S which resaws 6 inches. I know, I know bigger is better but I need a bench top machine which when I call the manufacturer they both said these would work on the bench top. If I had the room I would go for the Grizzly G0580 but just don't have it now. My question is what blades do you recommend I have for these. Both take 1/8" to 1/2" blade. I don't want to buy a whole bunch of blades and only use a couple. I know that here on SMC they say use the widest blade you can for resaw with a small number of teeth which would be a 1/2" at 3 tpi. So do you need 1/8", 1/4", and 3/8" in all different tpi which could be a dozen or so different blades? That could get costly. As I found out on the two scroll saws we have, we were talked into buying about 20 different blades in different sizes and have at least 200 blades but really only use about 3 or 4 different ones. Most of my cutting will be clocks cases along with rocking horses for the grandkids, jewelry boxes, etc. All will be small projects. By the way I have ordered the book Bandsaws by Lonnie Bird. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bernie