PDA

View Full Version : I think I have a Gloat

Randy Gleckler
05-05-2003, 4:50 PM
Had plans to go to the lake on Sat. but my wife ended up being tired from a long week. As it was a nice day I decided to go check out the garage sales around town and see if I could find anything. Ran across a sale where a nice little old lady looked to be getting rid of her husband’s woodworking equipment. (I'm guessing he's no longer around). She had an old Band Saw, Table Saw, Router with an early style ornamental jig, and a Shop Master 6" jointer that had been mounted to a cast Iron pedestal so it's more like a cabinet jointer than a bench top. This thing looked basically new. Found out today it was made back in the 50's. We'll, $50 dollars later it followed me home.
Played around in the garage and got it fired up. This jointer hums like some brand new ones I've seen. Only problem seems to be that the knives need sharpening. So plan on taking those off and getting them sharpened.
Not a bad deal for $50? And here's the other kicker. As I was leaving the lady was so glad I'd be using it she said she had a bunch of hand tools her kids wanted to go through first and then she'd give me a call to see if I wanted to buy any of them. :D :D :D

Ed Falis
05-05-2003, 4:53 PM
Isn't life great?

- Ed