PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a dado set pweeese

Bill White
11-28-2012, 10:29 AM
I need a dado set for our DeWalt/AMF GP RAS. I" arbor, so I just can't run down to the local suppliers.
I want a negative rake 8" to minimize "climbing".
What do you party animals recommend? This will be a production environment with daily use, so a "cheapy" is not gonna do well.:confused:
Bill

Montgomery Scott
11-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Try Forrest.

Tom Walz
11-28-2012, 1:33 PM
We can get you a custom set exactly as you wish.

Price is usually competitive with retail.

Do you want two wing or four wing chippers?

We can let you talk to a tool engineer if you wish.

100% satisfaction guarantee.

Call Emily or Whitney at 800 346-8274

Tom Walz
Carbide Processors

Tom Walz
11-30-2012, 12:03 PM
Emily says she is on it.

I like the suppliers she picked for quotes.

If you wish techncial info, these folks can give you more than you ever wanted to know.

All our custom blades, as do all our tools, come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We will replace or refund if you are unhappy for any reason.

Tom

Rick Potter
11-30-2012, 1:45 PM
Go with Tom. I have a 20 year old Forest dado king, and bought a Freud set because I wanted a less grabby set for the RAS. Called Freud, and bought the set ($200) they recommended. Has safety bumps behind the blade and all. It grabs just as much as the Forest, which has no bumps behind the blade. Again, this is on a RAS, they both work great on TS.

Rick Potter

PS: Let us know how it works out if you get it.

Bill White
11-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Tom, I've spoken with, and emailed the ladies. Great help, and I expect to order next week. Just gotta clear with the boss (at work).
Pass on my thanks and regards. You'll hear from me.
I've not had good results with reboring in the past. They answered my ? about a 10" set that came with the 1" bore I need. This might be the answer unless the surface speed on the 10" set will create more heat in the old (reclaimed from mill construction) pine that we most often use. That stuff will really gum up a blade quickly, so cooler running is a big help.
Bill