PDA

View Full Version : 80% off Freud bits at HD

Bill Bixby
11-28-2012, 1:09 AM
My local home depot in San Diego has about 8 or 10 bits marked way down. There were a couple of table edge bits about 3" in diameter $60 marked down to $20 and a few raised panel bits about 3 to 4" in diameter, $100 marked down to $25. I dont have any use for these but they seem like a really good deal. I will grab a few if anyone wants to buy them from me and cover shipping.

All the packaging is torn up but they appear unused.

Victor Robinson
11-28-2012, 1:41 AM
Thanks for the heads-up Bill and mighty nice of you to pass on the savings! I'm going to check locally tomorrow.

Rick Potter
11-28-2012, 3:02 AM
I picked up a dozen various bits a couple months ago, but none were the larger ones. Sounds like I better check again.

Thanks,
Rick Potter

Cary Falk
11-28-2012, 3:47 AM
I picked up around a dozen bits over the last couple of month for cheap including the table edge bit. One of the stores has a couple of quad cut raised panel bits that they are not reducing the price fast enough for me to bite.

Bill Bixby
11-28-2012, 4:28 AM
I figured it was unique to this store due to the damaged packaging. I dont think home depot is the first place that comes to mind when looking for specialized bit so maybe they were slow movers.

Sam Layton
11-28-2012, 10:36 AM
Thanks to Rick P, I also picked up a bunch a month or two ago. The cut quality is outstanding. I am going back to have another look.

Sam

Cary Falk
11-28-2012, 3:58 PM
Stopped off at HD on my way home from work today. They had the large and small quad cut raised panel bits finally marked down to $24 and $22 respectively. I had to buy both of them.

Damon Stathatos
11-28-2012, 4:49 PM
Thanks to Rick P, I also picked up a bunch a month or two ago....

Sam...must have missed the email. If it's any consolation, my wife thanks you, she's got this crazy notion that I already have too many 'of those things.'

But seriously, you're correct, they do cut smooth.

Kamil Czuba
11-28-2012, 5:58 PM
They did this purge in Canadian locations quite some time ago. Apparently freud is cutting back on some of the bits, so they are purging them out. Hard to come by anything on sale at Canadian locations now. Most have been cleaned out. We were getting most bits for under $10.

Todd Hyman
11-28-2012, 7:40 PM
They also did this in the south about a month ago.

Jim Papa
12-03-2012, 8:53 AM
There were three panel raising bits and another cabinet door set available in the Leesburg, VA HD on Saturday. I didn't partake on the router bits, but managed to get a Ridgid magnetic featherboard (a magswitch product in Ridgid packaging) on sale for 19.99. When I scanned it at the self checkout, the price had been further reduced to $7.43! I left one there if anyone needs one.

Sam Layton
12-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Hi Damon,

It sounds like your wife and my wife think the same. You think they would know by now...

Sam

Rick Potter
12-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Well,

I have checked three HD's near me, and none have any raised panel bits, or even any large bits. I could sure use a new raised panel bit. Sigh.:o

I had to try all the local ones, because if Sam found one, I would never hear the end of it.

Rick Potter