PDA

View Full Version : No shop for 2 weeks

Harry Robinette
11-27-2012, 9:31 PM
Doc said everything was good with the surgery:D ( had to have scar tissue removed from cancer radiation ) But he says NO going to the shop so I'm out of the shop for 2 weeks.:( Withdrawal is ether starting sooner then I thought or the meds are kicking in.
I figure I'll maybe do some design work and catch up on some reading some of the turning books I haven't read yet.

Steve Schlumpf
11-27-2012, 9:33 PM
Hope you feel better soon! Two weeks will go by quick. If you have the time - maybe offer up some critiques for some of the newer turners here on the Creek!

Bernie Weishapl
11-27-2012, 9:33 PM
Do what the Doc says Harry. It is not worth the risk. Don't ask me how I know this.:mad:

John Keeton
11-27-2012, 10:05 PM
You could always visit with Doug Thompson, Harry!:D I know you always leave there feeling better.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Harry,

2 weeks will go fast.

I had surgery a year ago and ended up with some balances issues as a result. I didn't go into my shop for 4 1/2 months.

I staggered so bad, some friends at another woodworking site had a t-shirt made and delivered to me.

In a post there I stated I hoped the neighbors didn't think I was drunk when I walked out to get the paper or the mail.

The t-shirt was delivered by Fedex a couple days later.

On it is a statement .................. "I'm not drunk.....I am a CYBORG........ The note in the box said to wear this for the neighbors.....LOL

Good luck! It'll go fast.

James Combs
11-27-2012, 10:31 PM
I can empathize with you and the shop withdrawal. No medical problems for me personally but the LOML had knee replacement surgery Oct. 1st. For the next 5-6 weeks I was "chief cook and bottle washer" as well as nursemaid. Only got back into the shop maybe 10 days ago. But like Ken says two weeks will come and go before you know it. Good luck on the recovery process.

Baxter Smith
11-27-2012, 10:58 PM
Take it easy Harry. A good opportunity to come up with some new ideas on what you want to try next!

Kathy Marshall
11-27-2012, 11:57 PM
No shop for 2 weeks??? :eek::eek::eek: Ackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
I'd just ask if they could knock me out and wake me up after 2 weeks ;).
Seriously, hope the time flies by for you and you heal up quick!

Keith Outten
11-28-2012, 6:09 AM
Harry,

Rent some really bad videos, they will put you to sleep and the time will fly by. You'll heal faster when you are sleeping anyway :)
Get Well and get back in the shop.......

Jason Roehl
11-28-2012, 6:18 AM
Mend quickly, Harry! Prayers for your peace of mind and healing.

Doug Herzberg
11-28-2012, 7:41 AM
Glad the surgery went well, Harry.

Faust M. Ruggiero
11-28-2012, 9:06 AM
Harry,
Good luck healing quickly. I vote for an arm chair and a TV in the shop. Put a pot of coffee near by watch turning videos. If you don't have any let me know and I will lend you some.
faust

Jim Burr
11-28-2012, 10:38 AM
I know exactly how you feel Harry...was there last year, but mine was for 4 months...went back after 2...Shhhhh

Scott Hackler
11-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Hope you heal up quickly Harry.

Harry Robinette
11-28-2012, 4:39 PM
Thank you all for the good thoughts and helping ideas. After hearing from some of you and time you had to be away I fell a God sent at only 2 weeks. I can all ready notice being able to breath easier and with all my lung problems it is really a great felling.The surgery was done to let my throat open bigger then it was,the scar tissue had stopped the little ring type muscle above the vocal cords from being able to open all the way.
Again thank you all, your thoughts and kind words help.

charlie knighton
11-28-2012, 7:27 PM
wish you well, good time for a 500 piece puzzle on dinning room table, do not get the 1000 piece

Thomas Canfield
11-28-2012, 8:08 PM
Harry,

Catching up on some of the DVDs ans all the different info out there on the internet can take some of the time. I planned ahead a few years back and had some glue up work for puzzles, tubes to put in pens, etc lined out to allow me a little feel of the wood during a 2 week down time. The withdrawal can be really harder than the recovery.

Steve Mawson
11-28-2012, 8:44 PM
Hope all goes well and the time flies by. I agree with getting lots of sleep. Books and Sawmill Creek should help time go by.