PDA

View Full Version : Turnkey Laser

hugh bunker
11-27-2012, 7:46 PM
I am going to pull the trigger and order a new Turnkey 60 watt 36x24 laser. I think it will be a nice compliment to my woodworking and help with items for craft fairs. The features and benefits along with price seem to make it the right choice. Any reason that I should look at another brand? I have searched the forum and I don't see many problems with this or other brands. I also considered Rabbit, FSE, Morntech and some others. The primary use will be engraving wood and cutting 1/4" woods. Any things I should look for or items I will need to make this learning curve a bit easier? Thanks in advance for the help. Hugh

Dan Hintz
11-28-2012, 6:41 AM
There's little difference in potential / common problems between one Chinese brand and another, so if you've done your research, get whatever looks good to you.

Peter Odell
11-28-2012, 7:50 AM
I just bought the machine you are looking at it is a great machine I think you will be happy with the machine

Ross Moshinsky
11-28-2012, 9:58 AM
The biggest difference in the machines is the control board they come with. It's not necessarily a performance difference but you have to use the corresponding software suite to match the board. So Turnkey might use LaserCut while someone else might use Laserworks.

Other than that, you're buying based on price and customer service.

Peter Odell
11-28-2012, 10:26 AM
The Customer service at turnkey is great I have got 2 of his machines had one for 2 years and Mike does a great job always there to answer a question or for help in any way.