PDA

View Full Version : Information for Customer

Mark Eisen
11-27-2012, 1:57 PM
I am thinking of making up cards to go with my pens approx twice the size as a business card.
What do you think of this?
Should I add or delete any thing?

Front Side:

My business card and

STYLE: ______________________ REFILL: _____________________

MATERIAL: ___________________

On the reverse side:

Storing Your Pen: When not in use, keep your pen away from heat, excessive moisture, and direct sunlight. Heat can damage the finish and possibly distort or crack the material in your pen. Moisture can distort or swell wood and can corrode internal mechanisms. Prolong exposure to direct sunlight can damage the finish and alter the colour of some kinds of wood. Never store your pen inside your vehicles, as the resulting heat and sunlight may damage it.
Cleaning Your Pen: Use only soft non-abrasive, lint free cloth to wipe the pen surfaces. Never use cleaning fluids, solvents, or abrasives, as these may damage the finish of the wood, scratch or melt the acrylics, and possibly damage the plating on the hardware. Wood finishes can be rejuvenated by applying a small amount of paste furniture wax with a clean cloth.
Replacing Your Pen's Ink Cartridge: All of our pens use commonly available ink cartridges that can be purchased at any good office supply or stationary store. If in doubt about what cartridge your pen uses, bring along the old one when shopping for replacements to make sure you get the right refill or send us an email and we will let you know what to purchase. To replace the cartridge, pull the top off the Slim/Streamline and Euro style of pens and twist off the nib for the other styles.

Dan Hintz
11-27-2012, 2:48 PM
Replacing Your Pens Ink Cartridge:

I didn't read anything else, but this jumped right out at me... you need an apostrophe.

Whenever you intend to include written instructions or detail in a package, best to make sure someone spell and grammar checks it beforehand.

Mark Eisen
11-27-2012, 3:06 PM
Better :D English wasn't my best subject at school.

Jim Burr
11-27-2012, 3:29 PM
It would be more important to show your customer how to change a cartridge rather than explain it. Many styles have more than one way to change those out. Style, plating and wood /material used are great. I include a care and feeding sheet in the box and show it to my buyers before we close the transaction.

Mark Eisen
11-29-2012, 7:24 AM
Thanks Jim, Most of the pens I have been selling recently are for gifts, so have to hope the customer will pass it on.
I would love to see an example of your care and feeding sheet

James Combs
11-29-2012, 11:55 AM
I include this with most of my pens but typically not give-a-ways unless the gaw's are to family or friends as gifts.

I normally print from the MSWord version. The one the customer receives is a folded 8.5x11 sheet. This screen print is a little fuzzy.

Dan Hintz
11-29-2012, 1:09 PM
That's a quality sheet, James...

Mark Eisen
11-29-2012, 3:05 PM
Thanks an excellent sheet, James.