PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
11-26-2012, 7:16 AM
26 Nov 2012

Good Morning and I'm still full from Thanksgiving..... :)

Well, the holiday weekend was full of family and friends. The MIL was here staying with us for 2 weeks and the LOML & LOML Jr take her back home to Alabama today. It was a really nice visit, but I'm sure that at least one of my sons will be really glad to move off of the great room couch and back into his own bed. ;)

No woodworking for me, but we did eat, visit with family and friends, and snack on left over Thanksgiving meal items for a couple of days after. All was good and it was really good to be able to visit with family, relax and watch some football on TV with the MIL and just generally reconnecting with family again. Really nice time.

I hope your weekend was just as good as mine and I'm anxious to hear what everyone else did over this past holiday weekend.
That's it for me...so what did YOU do this past Thanksgiving weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Shawn Pixley
11-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Thanksgiving was low key here. For the first time in 20+ years, we didn't have any company over for Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey, dressing, potatos, an fresh green beans. I traditionally make the turkey and dressing. This year was perhaps the best turkey I have made. Left overs are finished before the weekend is over.

Friday through Sunday was low key mornings (coffee + guitar practice + dogpark). We don't do black Friday sales. We do support our local small businesses though we didn't buy anything this weekend. Afternoons were spent in the shop. I am finishing up the small details on my guitar cabinet.

Back to work today.

David Hostetler
11-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Threw in the towel on Thanksgiving, went out for Thanksgiving dinner with LOML at Brady's Landing in Houston, really nice restaurant right on the water, in a really lousy neighborhood. Go figure. Friday I took down all the Halloween / Thanksgiving related decor. Saturday we put up Christmas lights outside of the house, and found out our old Animated deer are dead... Put up the first sheet of sheet rock in the shop (woo hoo!) and realized this is too much work for my tiny wife and myself. I need some stronger help. I babysat the neighbors 2 year old yellow lab this weekend while he was lucky enough to be out on a guided hunt all weekend. Guess who I am going to try to get to volunteer for helping me with the sheetrock?

LOML and I are replacing our washer / dryer as the dryer died, and I couldn't figure out how to fix it. I emptied the laundry room this weekend, LOML gets to scrub the floor, then we tape off, finish caulking the trim / wall joint, and get busy with paint before the new machines arrive on Saturday.

My new Moog upper control arms for the truck arrived Friday as well. Both Moog, and the OEM replacement Motocraft upper control arms are shipped from the factory unpainted, which is fine, except rusting is a very real possibility, so I taped the UCAs off at the ball joint, and the bushings, and got busy with primer, and gloss black enamel paint. Sort of what they should have done at the factory...

Lastly, took the family out to dinner last night, and got a visit at our table by none other than Chris Cringle himself! Okay maybe not THE Chris Cringle, but a pretty darned good imposter, sporting the full on Billy Gibbons beard all in white, and the full Santa Claus suit. And my wife thought WE got into Christmas pretty extensively!

All in all a decent weekend, I just need to learn to pace myself better...

Charlie Ross
11-26-2012, 11:48 AM
I got my boards cut and sized for a blanket chest. Next phase: cut joints for styles/rails and glue panels.

Larry Browning
11-26-2012, 1:06 PM
I got to work several days in the shop over TG. I have been working on a large round dining table for my son's GF. This my my 1st real paid project, so I am trying extra hard to not make any major mistakes. She told me I could take as long I needed to get it complete. However, it is now getting to the point where I am wanting to get it done pretty quickly. I am afraid it may turn into a wedding present if I don't finish it pretty soon! I have already spent my profit several times over (in my head anyway).

Matt Meiser
11-26-2012, 7:17 PM
We had family in town so we spent a fair bit of time over at my parents'. I did sneak in a few hours Friday while everyone was doing their own thing and got a new top made for a short run of cabinets I've had in my shop for years with a store bought port-formed top that didn't fit real well and was getting pretty scarred up.