PDA

View Full Version : Super Max 19-38 drum sander

David Blankenshp
11-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Anyone have any good things to say about this machine... Thinking about buying one.
Thanks
David

William C Rogers
11-26-2012, 4:07 AM
David

I have one and really like it. It has some nice features. Their support is excellent. I posted a review here when I first got it and still think the same about it. I have been meaning to go back and check the set up and post an update, but haven't had time. I still have not had the need to do wider than 19 inches yet. With the Supermax you just loosen a nut and flip a lever and adjust the table to sand wider than 19 inches instead of adjusting the head. Mine came with the DRO and I am not sure if they still do or is a option. I definitely needed the DRO starting out and recommend it. The only thing I would do different is I bought the enclosed stand wouldn't do that again as the stand that comes with it is fine. You will need to get casters for that. I ended up mounting my Dewalt planer on that stand. Changing paper is not a problem plenty of room for your fingers. They give you the same tool as other drum sanders, but you don't need it. I have never used any other brand, but from what I have read Supermax has addressed some of the problems associated with these type sanders. On thing I like is the solid construction and the all metal cover which provides support for the dust collection hose. I ended up buying mine from directly from Acme Tool as they offered free shipping with lift gate service (not sure if they still have that).

Bill