PDA

View Full Version : Merry christmas to me

Brian Tillinghast
11-25-2012, 3:32 PM
Just ordered an I-Box from Amazon, $139 delivered. Was $154, I think, yesterday. Thanks Santa :D

Biff Johnson
11-25-2012, 3:58 PM
I'll bite...what is an I-Box?

Stephen Cherry
11-25-2012, 4:04 PM
made me look:
http://www.amazon.com/INCRA-I-BOX-Jig-Box-Joints/dp/B008LD4S5G

Bill Huber
11-25-2012, 5:33 PM
I'll bite...what is an I-Box?

It is an awesome box joint jig, I love mine and it works great.

Jim O'Dell
11-25-2012, 5:38 PM
Is Incra teaming up with Apple now??:D It does look nice. Jim.

Bill Huber
11-25-2012, 5:44 PM
Is Incra teaming up with Apple now??:D It does look nice. Jim.

They are going to come out with a smaller one next year, they are going to call it the I-Box Mini ......:D:D

It is a really nice box joint jig and if you ever want to try it out just let me know.

Rob Holcomb
11-25-2012, 8:35 PM
I bought the I-Box about a month ago and due to illness I just tried it out for the first time tonight. Most people report that their first joints are rather tight and adjust the I-Box to get a good fit. My experience was just the opposite. Very loose joints, so I too will make the necessary adjustments and try again until I get the perfect fit. I tried mine out on the tablesaw and likely will continue but it works on a router table too. Now I just have to figure out what the best way will be to put a bottom on the boxes I'll be making. Probably have to use the router table for that and put grooves in the box so I can slide a bottom panel in place.

Bas Pluim
11-25-2012, 8:44 PM
Now I just have to figure out what the best way will be to put a bottom on the boxes I'll be making. Probably have to use the router table for that and put grooves in the box so I can slide a bottom panel in place.
With box joints, a stacked slot cutter (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004T7JR) works really well. I set the cutter to the desired thickness, put on the 1/4" bearing, and set it in the router table. Dry fit the box, and add a little masking tape on the outside to hold everything together (with good tight joints, this may not even be needed). Turn on the router, drop the box over the bit, slowly move a side into the cutter, then move the box clockwise all the way around. You can either round over the corners of the bottom, or use a narrow chisel to square up the ends of the dadoes.

Rob Holcomb
11-26-2012, 4:15 PM
With box joints, a stacked slot cutter (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004T7JR) works really well. I set the cutter to the desired thickness, put on the 1/4" bearing, and set it in the router table. Dry fit the box, and add a little masking tape on the outside to hold everything together (with good tight joints, this may not even be needed). Turn on the router, drop the box over the bit, slowly move a side into the cutter, then move the box clockwise all the way around. You can either round over the corners of the bottom, or use a narrow chisel to square up the ends of the dadoes.

That's a great idea Bas, thanks for the tip!