PDA

View Full Version : Cocobolo Ring Dish

Timothy Mann
11-24-2012, 8:14 PM
A made this earlier today, a small ring dish from cocobolo for my future mother in law. The photos do not do this beautiful wood justice at all, I do have a photo tent on order so hopefully my photos will improve once I figure out how to set it up, let alone use it. BLO and Beall buffed...this thing is like glass in person, wish the photos would show that. C&C are always welcome, I wish to improve my turning skills so please be as honest as you can.

Kathy Marshall
11-24-2012, 9:58 PM
I'd say you did a great job on that! The form is very nice as is the finish. I think your future MIL will love it.

Mark Hubl
11-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Tim,

Some wood is like the Grande Canyon, no matter how well you photograph it, it will never be like being there. Coco is one of those woods, so wonderful to look at and to hold. You piece is very nice and it is a wonderful gift.

Bernie Weishapl
11-24-2012, 10:36 PM
That is a great looking piece and the wood is awesome.

Jim Burr
11-25-2012, 12:04 PM
Very nice job Tim...maybe a little longer ring post for more rings...but that's a personal choice. Great finish work!!

Allan Ferguson
11-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Looks like you did a fine job working out the inside being a difficult place in which to work.

Baxter Smith
11-25-2012, 9:36 PM
Great gift Tim. Useful and beautiful to look at!