PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about acrylic cutting

Nick Lesik
11-24-2012, 11:48 AM
I am looking to do some acrylic cutting, specifically letters, logos, etc. I'm just wondering what my options are for color choice? I'd like to have access to as many colors as possible up to a thickness of 1/4". Also, what type/brand of acrylic should I use when there will be backdrop lighting involved in the project? If possible I'd love to get my hands on some samples before I start these projects. Are there any suppliers that have acrylic colored samples available for purchase? Is there a type of paint I could use on clear acrylic that will allow the back lighting to glow through the acrylic? I'm working on both indoor and outdoor projects, thanks,

Nick

Joe Pelonio
11-24-2012, 7:46 PM
I don't know about your area, but here we have several local suppliers in the Seattle area, such as Tap Plastics which have samples in the store and will give or sell you samples or you can buy scraps by the pound. In that size there are probably 12-15 translucent colors for back lighting in addition to opaques and textured.

I like Acrylite best but most are about the same except for the black that has a plain brown protective paper and is made in Indonesia, that stuff cuts differently and has an inconsistent thickness.