PDA

View Full Version : Router Lift

Tim Goins
11-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Looking to buy a new one. I have a Jessem belt drive lift as I write this. And I have never been happy with it. Now it is broken. It dropped and it won't raise. I guess it could be fixed but I think for me it is time to try something else. I have been looking at the bench dog. And the Kreg. Any suggestions?

Rick Fisher
11-24-2012, 2:00 PM
I have played with the Kreg / Woodpecker. It has that thumb wheel on the table .. I really don't like it but others seem to.

I have Jessem lifts and like both of them ..

Noel Poore
11-24-2012, 7:05 PM
I have the older Woodpeckers lift with the crank handle and like it very much. It is the only lift I have ever owned, so I don't have anything to compare it with. I like the adjustable plungers on the side which make it easy to get a snug fit in your table. It is very easy to raise and lower and I find changing bits from above the table quick and easy. Having fine and predictable adjustment of the bit height is good of course. I think I would probably prefer the crank for height adjustment to the wheel on the newer models. I haven't had to adjust anything about the lift since I first fitted it about three years ago. I'm sure there are plenty of other satisfied users of other brands as well, but I am a happy Woodpeckers user.

Bill Huber
11-24-2012, 7:48 PM
I don't know how you could get much more information then was posted when you first made your post about you broken Jessem lift on 11/16.

I will take the broken one off your hands for parts, just PM me how much the shipping is.