PDA

View Full Version : Potpourri Pots

Greg Just
11-24-2012, 11:19 AM
I had a nice walnut log and decided to make some potpourri pots to give as gifts. In the picture with 5 pots, second from the left was made from a piece of mulberry that Tom Wilson gave me during the recent pen exchange. The mulberry had lots of worm holes in it.

Dick Mahany
11-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Excellent workmanship on a beautiful wood. I'm particularly drawn to the center one in the first pic for the form. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Bernie Weishapl
11-24-2012, 10:47 PM
Those are beauties Greg. I really like the right one in the first pic's.

Jim Burr
11-25-2012, 12:05 PM
You have way to much imagination Greg!! Great choice of shapes and the finish is just right!

Steve Schlumpf
11-25-2012, 12:24 PM
You been busy! Nice variety of forms! Pretty wood and looks like you even have some curl in the pot on far right! They will all make for some great gifts! Nice work!

James Combs
11-25-2012, 1:12 PM
Nice and they remind me, I have about a dozen of those pewter lids that I need to make pots for. Thanks for the posting and the memory jogger.

Greg Just
11-25-2012, 8:52 PM
Nice and they remind me, I have about a dozen of those pewter lids that I need to make pots for. Thanks for the posting and the memory jogger.

James:

I had 8 or 10 lids in cabinet that I had forgotten about. I needed to make some gifts and had a nice walnut log and these pots were the result. Walnut is such a great wood to turn. They were fun to make, but I will say that the lids are not all the same size.

Kathy Marshall
11-25-2012, 9:04 PM
Those all look great Greg! I'm sure the recipients will be very happy with them.