PDA

View Full Version : EZLaser LaserLife machines

Mike Lysov
11-22-2012, 2:45 PM
Hi guys,

I have asked this question on CNCZone but I think it may help if I ask here

Has anybody ever heard anything about EZLaser LaserLife machines. They come with either DC or RF tubes by GSI. Their prices are very good and machines seems to be very well built(based on their videos)

I am considering to buy their LCW model(1300x900mm) with 280W GSI tube but I cannot find any reviews or user opinions about this model or brand at all.
Here is a demo video with this model cutting acrylic
LCW Acrylic thick R cutting - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bDLuX2QPV0)

And another one promotional video for a different model just to see what nice features this brand can come with LLC LCD Demo Video - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZFKbdd96YKM)

The company is based in Taiwan and from what I heard from their rep in Australia it looks like they sell these machines on Japanese market only and do not promote them too much everywhere else.

Mark Sipes
11-22-2012, 3:47 PM
You are right the machines look very well built and the displays are nice. I wonder if the machines are capable of raster engraving?? Both videos were set up for industrial applications. The beam width looked very large but maybe for cutting through 3/4 acrylic/MDF it has to be... Rotary Attachments ?? depth of bed for holding large items?? is there a table insert for precut plates.

Mike Lysov
11-22-2012, 6:02 PM
They have models for engraving. Have a look at http://www.ezlasermachine.com/products-engraving.html

I told that their LSW, LCD models and above in that range with DC tubes cannot engrave because and I am quoting the rep " DC lasers do not reach the target power quick enough to be used consistently for engraving." Plus from what I know they may use different movement system and it may be worn off very quickly if you use it for engraving.

Dan Hintz
11-22-2012, 7:33 PM
How are these machines built any differently than the other 5000 models found coming from China? Other than the black paint job, they look identical...

Mike Lysov
11-22-2012, 8:27 PM
How are these machines built any differently than the other 5000 models found coming from China? Other than the black paint job, they look identical...

I do not know. That's why I have asked. But what I know so far I will at least get a 80 pages english manual. Received it today(and I am going to read it before I buy this machine) and a local support. And that's only for 25% extra for similar Chinese machine with even less power but a 15% bigger table.

I am in Australia, there is no huge base of laser makers like you guys have in US. Similar Trotec machine will cost me 3 times more.

Dan Hintz
11-22-2012, 9:54 PM

Their prices are very good and machines seems to be very well built(based on their videos).

Looked like you were making a statement, not asking a question, hence my confusion. Local support is nice to have, just make sure it will actually be there when you need it a year or two down the road.

Ross Moshinsky
11-22-2012, 9:56 PM
The EZ Laser machines I believe come with a real print driver that looks very similar to Epilog's driver. That counts for something.

Rodne Gold
11-23-2012, 12:47 AM
See one work in real life first, you pretty close to China , maybe fly out to the factory in Taiwan if you can't see your selected model in Aussie , it might be worth it depending on the price of the laser.
I would rather get a less potent model that does engraving and cutting than a potent cutter- depends of course on your main application..if all you do is cut then the 280w machine would be pretty good (on paper that is)
I googled the co , not much out there..which would concern me..ask for references from 3 users in your area/country and call em.
What is the price of your intended purchase?

Mike Lysov
11-23-2012, 1:40 AM
I need it for cutting thick wood and I do not need engraving.
It's around $43000 with all taxes plus freight.

Rodne Gold
11-23-2012, 5:35 AM
For that money , I would fly to Taiwan and let em show you it working. , the models I saw in china for cutting thick wood and die board making had 2 lasers , one firing from the top and another from the bottom. I do NOT however think a laser is a good tool for cutting thick wood , I use a computerised router for that , granted you have the issue with kerf width and rounding caused by the bit diameter , but that might not be a major issue for you.....

Mike Lysov
11-23-2012, 4:23 PM
For that money , I would fly to Taiwan and let em show you it working. , the models I saw in china for cutting thick wood and die board making had 2 lasers , one firing from the top and another from the bottom. I do NOT however think a laser is a good tool for cutting thick wood , I use a computerised router for that , granted you have the issue with kerf width and rounding caused by the bit diameter , but that might not be a major issue for you.....

I have a CNC router and I use it for 12-18mm thick MDF. I do not like it because of long setup and aftercut time(clamping/unclamping a panel, removing tabs after cutting) It all takes so much time that I have to reject a lot of small jobs. And the most thing I hate about the router is dust.

I have no problems to cut 9mm thick with 10mm/sec on my 100W laser. Edges are charred and they come in black but as long as they are smooth nobody really cares about their colour.

I could fly there but I do not like long haul flights.

I posted a link to video above with a LaserLife cutting 18mm plywood with just one head from the top. It's quite impressive in terms of speed. The quality of edges are not shown in focus but from what you can see they seem to be good.

From my experience even plywood made of softwood veneers(pine) is harder to cut through than MDF.

Rich Harman
11-24-2012, 8:21 PM
From my experience even plywood made of softwood veneers(pine) is harder to cut through than MDF.

I cut through ply about 50% faster than MDF. The ply is generally slightly thinner but not by much.

Mike Lysov
11-26-2012, 1:29 AM
I cut through ply about 50% faster than MDF. The ply is generally slightly thinner but not by much.

That's strange. 3mm plywood and 3mm MDF there is no big difference for me in terms of speed but when it comes to 6-7mm plywood does not cut completely through at the same speed as 6mm thick MDF. I guess it has something to do with strong grains and extra layers of glue between veneer sheets.