PDA

View Full Version : Bullets & Tobacco Stks

James Combs
11-20-2012, 7:15 PM
Turned a couple of PSI Bolt Action pens today, one was for a customer and one was spec. Both have the bolt side modification. In the process of reviewing the instruction sheet that came with them I noticed there was an addition.

A note to check the tightness of the bolt set screw has been added.

Both are Gun Metal, the customer's is dressed in Cocobolo, the spec pen is dressed in PSI woodland camo.
245982 245983

I also had a Customer order a gold slimline, he wanted it dressed in a piece of his dads tobacco stick. I had him send me several 6 inch pieces. I choose what I thought had the best coloring but most of the color was washed out and being white oak there wasn't much to start with but it didn't turn out too bad. I made him a display stand out of the rest of the pieces(a freeby).
245981 245980

C&C welcomed.

Jamie Donaldson
11-20-2012, 7:35 PM
The stick display stand is choice JD! It could be a bit shorter, but really suits the pen as an accessory and explanation of the source of the pen wood.

James Combs
11-20-2012, 7:39 PM
The stick display stand is choice JD! It could be a bit shorter, but really suits the pen as an accessory and explanation of the source of the pen wood.

Thanks Jamie, yeah it is a little long but it was a freebee and I was trying to make sure the tobacco stick point stayed and still keep the stand offs on the flat surface of the stick.

Jim Burr
11-20-2012, 8:37 PM
You're a good man JD. Hearing some iffy thing's about these pens, 'bout like anything else I'd guess. Your work is beyond reproach so Happy Thanksgiving!!

Bernie Weishapl
11-20-2012, 8:47 PM
Looking good. I have been thinking about doing some of those but have heard they have had some troubles with them.

Steve Schlumpf
11-20-2012, 10:31 PM
Nice work on all the pens James! Really like the stand! That was thinking!!