PDA

View Full Version : Got my Delta rebate check today

Richard Coers
11-20-2012, 6:56 PM
After nearly a year, applied Dec. 28, 2011, my $50 rebate check for a midi lathe came in the mail today. Can't say that this officially helped, but I got a little proactive last week. I went to their Facebook page, and made a couple comments on one of their posts. They had made a post about being very busy working on a new distribution center. I made two comments in 3 days, "that I hoped that they would also start working hard on a rebate distribution center". The comment didn't stay on the site very long. A couple days latter, a second comment was made on the same post, with very similar wording. The check came in about a week. Just saying...........Really tickled they came through with the check, and maybe they are just whittling down the list. Odd coincidence on the timing though.

Kevin Womer
11-20-2012, 7:45 PM
I am glad you finally got your rebate, but I think there is no excuse for it taking a year at all. I hope they get their act together some day. I went with Sawstop even though I liked the new Unisaw just as well, mainly due to concerns over their customer service and the possibility of getting replacement parts in the future. On the bright side, you can use that rebate to buy a new lathe gouge as it is like found money.

Todd Brewer
11-20-2012, 9:56 PM
My $100 rebate arrived over 8 months after submitting the paperwork and then only because I complained like heck to Delta, on this forum and on Amazon where I bought the drill press. I will never buy another Delta product, many other options in each tool category. They need to fire whoever is running the rebate program as it is causing a lot of bad-will with customers.

Kevin, good for you for going with Sawstop! Or should I say not buying Delta. Delta needs to be boycotted until they get their act together (and I am not an activist by any stretch of the imagination).

Stephen Cherry
11-21-2012, 12:23 AM
Delta needs to be boycotted until they get their act together (and I am not an activist by any stretch of the imagination).

let them go. There are so many machines out there it's not worth worrying about. Delta could have owned the hobby market, but they dropped the ball.