PDA

View Full Version : "One of a kind" Bandsaw... Indeed.

Rodger Kanis
11-20-2012, 4:27 PM
I'm not posting this as a deal, I'm posting for discussion as a "power tool"... which it is. :)

You have to see the picture to fully appreciate the effect of the "wood rimmed bike tires". There's no mention of HP, or what the resaw capacity is, though.

I give whomever built it credit, it's clever! I don't really want to stand next to it while it's running, though.

"Old school hand made bandsaw.Still works.Made in the 1940's.Guy used wood rimmed bike tires for the band guides.One of a kind....."

245968 245969

(It's on CL in Cleveland, OH. I was originally going to just post the link, but this one needs to be preserved for posterity.)

Matt Day
11-20-2012, 4:37 PM
Haha! I saw that the other day while cruising CL and thouht it was pretty funny, and I was curious how it works!

Steve Beadle
11-20-2012, 4:40 PM
It looks like the upper guide will slide up at least another four inches, giving it maybe ten inches in resaw capacity. Is that a solid wood table?

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Steve Beadle

Bruce Page
11-20-2012, 5:17 PM
I wonder if it will tension a 1" tri-master.. :rolleyes:

Erik Loza
11-20-2012, 6:44 PM
I wonder if it will tension a 1" tri-master.. :rolleyes:

Hahahahahaaa....

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Dick Mahany
11-20-2012, 7:26 PM
Just think about the speed combinations one could get by adding a Shimano derailleur ;)

Lee Schierer
11-20-2012, 7:41 PM
My father made a wooden frame bandsaw. The only metal was the wheels, tension adjustment, motor and blade guides. It is a 16" saw and it is still in his shop. If anyone is interested, my mom would sell it.

Bruce Wrenn
11-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Somewhere once, I saw a picture of a band saw that used a motorcycle engine and transmission for power. As exotic as it seems to our generation, home made machines were the standard till after WWII.

Phil Thien
11-20-2012, 10:30 PM
I sure wouldn't hesitate to give it a whirl.

I don't see any dark blood stains on it, after all.