PDA

View Full Version : Parts needed for stanley #1530 hand drill

John Padgett
11-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Hello. I was wondering if anyone has any parts for the stanley #1530 hand drill. I have a good one of my grandfathers but the shaft got bent slightly during our move. Or if you have a working one to sell I would be interested in purchase or trade.

Thanks.

John.

Jim Koepke
11-20-2012, 7:39 PM
John,

There is a Yankee (Mfg. North Brothers) in my accumulation of less than complete tools. It has a ratchet that doesn't seem to be working. The large gear has a couple of teeth missing. The crank arm looks like a replacement. It is generally a dog that came with a few tools of that nature that was bought in a combination lot.

I can try taking it apart to save on shipping, but it will likely all fit in a small flat rate box.

Not sure how we can determine if it has the same part sizes.

Let me know if a picture or two should be posted.

jtk

James Pickering
11-20-2012, 8:52 PM
John,

There is a Yankee (Mfg. North Brothers) in my accumulation of less than complete tools. It has a ratchet that doesn't seem to be working. The large gear has a couple of teeth missing. The crank arm looks like a replacement. It is generally a dog that came with a few tools of that nature that was bought in a combination lot.

I can try taking it apart to save on shipping, but it will likely all fit in a small flat rate box.

Not sure how we can determine if it has the same part sizes.

Let me know if a picture or two should be posted.

jtk
Jim Koepke is correct with his observations, John. The first thing is to determine whether you have a 1530 or a 1530A model - there are parts configuration differences between the two. Visit my page: http://jp29.org/wwyankee1530.htm for an explanation of those differences. Then we can go from there.

James

Jim Koepke
11-21-2012, 4:03 PM
James,

Do you have any information on disassembly of the drill or especially the ratchet?

I am wondering how this can be taken apart and repaired. I have not given it that much thought since mine is not needed in my shop.

jtk

John Padgett
11-21-2012, 4:47 PM
Thanks for the reply. It is a #1530. I would be glad to buy the whole thing for parts if you will sell it.

Jim Koepke
11-22-2012, 1:20 PM
John,

I have no use for it. It may not be until next Thursday that we go in to town. There should be some Priority Mail packages around here.

Does $10, including the postage sound okay?

Also, you should PM me with your mailing information.

jtk