PDA

View Full Version : Weekend show

Michael Armstrong
11-19-2012, 7:41 PM
I had a great show this past weekend. I quadrupled my sales from the same show last year and I wasn't really disappointed by last year's sales total. Now I'm sure this show is small compared to some of the ones that others on here attend but it is close to home so very convenient. The hummingbird feeders I turn continue to be my best seller - 14 this past weekend. I think the increase in total sales is the result of three things - better display, better location in the room and the ability to accept credit cards. Now it's back to the shop to try and restock before the last show of the season in 2 weeks.

Michael

Bernie Weishapl
11-19-2012, 9:22 PM
Congrats Michael. Glad you did well. I did one for the first time in 5 yrs at our local church and was extremely pleased with sales. Glad to hear things picked up from the last one.

Michael Armstrong
11-19-2012, 9:51 PM
Thanks Bernie. I even sold a few of my Weishapl-style birdhouse ornaments.:D

Ben Martin
11-19-2012, 10:04 PM
Michael,

Congrats! Happen to take a picture of your booth and your goods? Interested in seeing your set-up! My Mom always did craft fairs when I was a kid, they drug her booth around for a while till my Dad finally got sick of it and used it for firewood!

Ben

Kathy Marshall
11-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Congrats on a good show Michael and good luck in the next one!

Michael Armstrong
11-19-2012, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the comments!

I don't have a photo of how things were arranged at this show but the attached photo shows the basic components of my display. This was at an earlier show during the summer. Things actually looked much tidier at last weekends show! I don't do a lot of shows because I don't want to travel all over Ontario. I live in a relatively rural area of the province so good shows are somewhat difficult to find. A cruise in the Mediterranean for 4 weeks this Fall didn't help with attending shows either;).

Michael

Steve Schlumpf
11-20-2012, 9:38 AM
Congrats on your sales! Nice variety of turnings!!

Michael Armstrong
11-21-2012, 12:12 AM
Thanks Steve. I tend to get carried away and involve myself with turning too many different things. I should try to focus a bit more but I guess I get bored too easily if I keep turning the same things.

Michael