PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

Vince Williams
11-19-2012, 12:37 PM
I have a Mercury 25 watt laser, having issues getting job to laser,have replaced usb to serial cable computer is sending job but engraver is not recieveing. Could this be a driver issue?? have attempted to contact signware house several times with no sucess.. Any help would be awesome. thanks Vince Williams:confused::confused:

Mike Null
11-19-2012, 1:35 PM
I suspect it may be an issue of the pc finding the laser. I'm far from expert here but would suggest you re-install the laser as one of your printers and re-install the drivers.

Vince Williams
11-19-2012, 2:44 PM
Thanks Mike will try that

Stephen Sullivan
11-19-2012, 4:19 PM
I'm with Mike, uninstall, reboot, reinstall.

David Rust
11-20-2012, 8:31 AM
Does your engraver have a Ethernet connection option? I tried USB for about a week, it was unstable. I switched to Ethernet with a dedicated IP address and Gateway and it works every time.

Chuck Stone
11-20-2012, 5:10 PM
I have a Mercury 25 watt laser, having issues getting job to laser,have replaced usb to serial cable computer is sending job but engraver is not recieveing. Could this be a driver issue?? have attempted to contact signware house several times with no sucess.. Any help would be awesome. thanks Vince Williams:confused::confused:

It could be a driver issue. There is a different driver for USB/serial. ALSO .. some early Mercury machines cannot
use the USB option. Mine is one of those. I've got the cable, got the driver.. it just won't work. Serial works fine
as does parallel, but USB just isn't going to work without replacing the motherboard (or so they told me)

Vince Williams
11-20-2012, 5:29 PM
Chuck mine has been working fine until went out of state working and machine set a few months now it dont...

Vince Williams
12-15-2012, 1:19 PM
3 weeks later problem still not solved unistalled and reinstalled all drivers, tech support finally contacted me and came to the conclusion that the serial cable is bad ... Now I am told that cable is no longer made!!!! first and last purchase from signware house.. now i have a machine that is useless until i came come up with something diferent.. any and all ideals welcomed...

Chris Stites
12-15-2012, 1:42 PM
I believe there are USB to serial port adapters available. I found one here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812107108

Hope this helps.

Gary Hair
12-15-2012, 2:10 PM
Now I am told that cable is no longer made!!!!

What??????? Somebody is simply full of Let me act surprised that it came from SW... Ok, now that I'm over that, how about this. Serial cables are still made in every variety you can imagine. Even if it's not commercially available and you have the pinout you can have one made or make one yourself. Chances are it's one of two types though, straight through or crossover. Both are very common and very available. Here is a link to the first place that came up when I searched "serial cables". http://serialcables.com/ I have no idea if they are reputable or not, they are just the first one I found.
If you can get the pinout from SW, good luck on that, then you can determine what type of cable you need.

Gary

Randolph Smith
12-16-2012, 10:15 AM
It sounds like more of a software issue. My guess is that either 1) new USB drivers were installed by some other program or 2) a conflict for the ports occurred due to some new Java program you started running recently. I think that if you reboot the computer and re-install the laser driver from a CD you will restore operation. Conflicts for USB ports often arise when running Java programs first and then running older programs that worked fine before. There are lots of similar problems to be found with a Google search for "usb java problems" or similar search terms.

Tom Majewski
12-16-2012, 12:04 PM
My experience with my 5 year old Mercury 40 is to scrap the USB>Serial and just go straight com port. Early on I tried 3 brands of USB adapters each with it's own driver, and gave up. I'm sure someone somewhere got USB to work, but jeeeze what a pain.

George M. Perzel
12-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Vince;
Just offhand:
1. Different drivers for serial and parallel ports on Mercury-obviously different cables
2. Mercury 1's will not run on any Windows above XP. Go to Jorlink online for free drivers downloads and firmware.
Good Luck
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts