PDA

View Full Version : Insulated work gloves?

Tony Sade
11-17-2012, 6:35 PM
I need some gloves that I can wear outside in cold weather. I earn my living sitting at a desk, mostly, so I don't need anything that's good to -30 for a full day or anything, just something that'll keep the digits warm for a few hours in cold, mid-atlantic region weather. My hands tend to be between a medium and a large if that matters. They need to be water resistant, so that they'll be good in snow. I'm not looking to spend a fortune, either. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bill Cunningham
11-17-2012, 8:25 PM
A trip to Costco will probably fill your needs..

Larry Frank
11-17-2012, 8:36 PM
I have used Wells Lamont insulated gloves and have been happy. I find that the fit of every insulated glove is different and it is worth trying them on and making certain that they fit. That being said, new leather insulated gloves do not fit well until they have been worn for a while and broken in.

Steve Costa
11-18-2012, 1:21 PM
I suggest you try Black Diamond ski gloves. Very warm. I live in the So. Western corner of Colorado and they are work very well for me. They are not inexpensive but will last you several years. I have two pairs and find them to be great gloves.

Kevin Bourque
11-18-2012, 7:53 PM
I bought a pair of gloves on Amazon that were described as being "Army Surplus" and were designed for extreme cold weather. They cost about $15 or so.

Basically its 2 pairs of gloves. The first pair is a conventional pair of wool gloves , and over them you wear a pair of long mittens that are waterproof and windproof.
I used them all last year and found them to be pretty decent, although if I lived in a colder climate I would replace the wool mittens with something warmer.

Jim Matthews
11-18-2012, 8:13 PM
Duluth trading company fills my basic orders.
Pricey, but good value for money.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/default.asp

I picked up a pair of neoprene gloves at the REI clearance that fill the bill for light duty...
http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___63498

I haven't tried chopping wood with them on, but they're plenty warm for a trip to the mailbox.

Tony Sade
11-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Thanks, folks.