PDA

View Full Version : Don't run to get the alarm!

Adrian Anguiano
11-17-2012, 6:22 PM
My wife comes home, forgets about the alarm, runs into the house and knocks my Forrest WW2 from a table onto the cement. I come home and see it lying on the floor with what should of been a chalk outline of the dead sawblade.

2 teeth gone, 3 chipped. Off to Forrest it goes for rehab.

Sad day.

Stephen Cherry
11-17-2012, 6:29 PM
That hurts, just reading about it.

Biff Johnson
11-17-2012, 7:27 PM
I always feared my wife would break my teeth!:D

Michael Moscicki
11-17-2012, 7:46 PM
Some questions:

Why did she enter through the shop door as opposed to the front door? I'm assuming that's the door she used to get in. Why was your Forrest not properly secured? I mean it would take a lot of force to knock something like that down and probably the table along with it?

Jacob Reverb
11-17-2012, 8:46 PM
Did she bleed?

Jay Rasmussen
11-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Adrian,
Good time to make a place for your blades. I use a vertical row of ½” dowel rods. My blades are ether on the saw or safe on the wall.
Jay

Carl Beckett
11-18-2012, 7:15 AM
One word of advice.

Be kind to your wife.

She was supportive of you having that blade to begin with. Accidents happen, there will be another saw blade at some point. (another wife will cost you much more than saw blades!)

:)

Bob Reda
11-18-2012, 7:27 AM
One word of advice.

Be kind to your wife.

She was supportive of you having that blade to begin with. Accidents happen, there will be another saw blade at some point. (another wife will cost you much more than saw blades!)

:)
You need to go apologize to her right now for having that blade in her way :) Seriously, Ihope she didn't hurt her self too bad.

Bob

Adrian Anguiano
11-18-2012, 9:04 AM
It was on my drum sander, not hanging off. I'm thinking her purse hit it. Not sure why she went through the shop. Probably cause its a garage door vs having to unlock two doors through the front door. I had just taken the blade off the night before cause I was messing with my riving knife setup and hadn't put the saw blade back in.

I'd make a holder, but its my only blade.

She's fine. Didn't even touch her, she's not even sure how she hit it or how it fell. Might have to check the security camera video.

glenn bradley
11-18-2012, 10:11 AM
A sad tale but, we can rebuild. All will be well in the end.

Keith Weber
11-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Time to upgrade the wife!

Bruce Wrenn
11-18-2012, 9:23 PM
I'd make a holder, but its my only blade. Go over to cripedistributing.com, and order you a Delta 35-7657 for $18 and shipping. It's probably the best blade value out there. I own two WWII's, one of which has never been on a saw. The 7657 is do everything blade,except cross cutting veneer plywood, or MDF.