PDA

View Full Version : A Good Night at the Gallery—3rd Place

Steve Doerr
11-16-2012, 9:25 PM
Tonight was the opening night for the members show at Spiva Art Gallery in Joplin MO. There were over 160 2D and 3D artist that had displays in the show. Each member artist was able to enter one piece. I entered the piece shown below and was awarded 3rd place in the 3D division. Oh, it included an award of $200. So, I think I will consider this a successful night.
Wood—oak burl
Size—5¼” x 8”
Finish—Dipped in blend of BLO, Danish Oil, & Wipe on Poly then Beall buffed

Harry Robinette
11-16-2012, 9:34 PM
Congrats on your award Beautiful piece, but what a concoction for a finish.

Bernie Weishapl
11-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Congrats. Beautiful piece.

Steve Schlumpf
11-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Excellent news! Congrats on your win!

Eric Gourieux
11-17-2012, 12:37 AM
That's great news. Congratulations. Yours is a beautiful piece. I have a special love for Joplin. My family went out there on 3 occasions to help with different stages of the cleanup. God bless you all!

Jim Burr
11-17-2012, 1:15 AM
Pat on the back Steve!! Well deserved sir.

Steve Doerr
11-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Eric,
Please thank your family for the efforts in helping us restore our community. We were very fortunate and were about a mile south of the tornado's path. God has truly blessed our community with the number of volunteers that have poured in to help rebuild Joplin. We still have a lot of vacant areas in town but they are slowly vanishing. Our church has had the privilege of having Samaritans Purse headquarter there and as a result, we have seen people from every state in the nation come and help. What is really amazing is that we are still seeing volunteers come in a year and a half later.

May God continue to bless all those that have helped, and continue to help here, with Hurricane Sandy and other disasters all over the world.

Steve

Josh Bowman
11-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Excellent!