PDA

View Full Version : Premature gloat.

Tom Pritchard
04-21-2005, 10:05 PM
Well, today I ordered the new Grizzly G0586 jointer! I couldn't resist it at the current price. The bad part is that I probably won't get it until mid-June, but that's OK, I've waited this long what's a few more weeks. Besides, by then I hope to have the tax return back so I can pay for it! Here is a stock picture, with more to come when it gets here, of course! :cool:

scott spencer
04-21-2005, 10:10 PM
Cool! ....now we've got until June to get in shape before moving it!

Tom Pritchard
04-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Cool! ....now we've got until June to get in shape before moving it!

Scott, maybe we can warm up by moving my Father's workbench to my house this weekend. In case you forgot what it looked like, I've enclosed a small picture! :eek:

Jeff Sudmeier
04-22-2005, 8:08 AM
Congrats on the jointer! Should be a great addition.

Mike Keating
04-22-2005, 10:21 AM
That is a great looking jointer. I am working on a commission right now and I am hoping the profits from it and the money from the sale of my old jointer will be enough to cover the cost of one for me.
It is a great looking machine and now I have incentive to get the commission done by June.

Mike

scott spencer
04-22-2005, 11:14 AM
Scott, maybe we can warm up by moving my Father's workbench to my house this weekend. In case you forgot what it looked like, I've enclosed a small picture! :eek: :D :D :D :D

Corey Hallagan
04-23-2005, 10:39 AM
Tom, congrats on the Jointer! From what they say, that is going to be a super jointer! Man you are really upgrading the shop! Hope for an early delivery!

Corey

Tom Pritchard
04-23-2005, 12:20 PM
Tom, congrats on the Jointer! From what they say, that is going to be a super jointer! Man you are really upgrading the shop! Hope for an early delivery!

Corey

Thanks Corey!

With the money that I saved by buying the Craftsman TS, I could afford to buy the jointer too. For $1393, I have a 10" Craftsman TS with a 2 year in home warranty and a 8" 4 blade jointer with a 75" bed, and that includes our 8.5% NY sales tax on the saw, and delivery on the jointer. That is less than the cost of just one of these items from some of the other manufacturers, and they are both more than adequate for me!!