PDA

View Full Version : Drill Press Help

Jamie Schmitz
11-14-2012, 9:03 PM
Hey all, I just purchased a used Grizzly drill press (G0485)and I wanted to try and adjust the tension to the feed shaft tension spring. It popped out of position and when I went to try and put it back the spring kept jumping out of the slotted bolt. I even tried to drive a small wedge into the slot and it still did not want to stay. Any advice much appreciated. I have not called Grizzly yet to see if I can purchase a new one because it does look like the one I have is not symmetrical. My brother kept saying that it should have a small loop at the end to keep it in position but from the parts manual I did not see one.

Myk Rian
11-15-2012, 9:00 AM
Listen to your brother. He's right.

Jamie Schmitz
11-15-2012, 10:52 PM
Got it fixed. Scariest thing I have had to do to fix a tool. I guess watch makers have a tool to load constant pressure springs like this but I did not want to look around for help. Anywho on the road again.BTW the manual refers to them as torsion springs but everything I found referred to them as constant force springs. No call back/email from Grizzly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr2522AU2p8&feature=share&list=PL29814E1FC4A83D2D