PDA

View Full Version : Rust hunting in western PA/eastern OH

Sean D Evans
11-13-2012, 11:11 PM
I'm heading back to OH for Thanksgiving this week and was hoping someone would have a recommendation or two about where to go for old tools.
My family lives in the Steubenville/Weirton area. I also plan to head over to Pittsburgh and west to Scio.
I hope to find someplace to spend time while my wife and Mom are black Friday shopping.

David Weaver
11-14-2012, 9:25 AM
There's not a whole lot that I'm aware of here. If you go through the bridgeville area on a saturday or sunday morning, the trader Jack flea market might have some stuff, and might not, it's hit or miss.

There are some antique markets along the way before you get to pittsburgh around Somerset. I don't know how far east you're coming from, but there's a dealer in fayetteville, PA right along route 30 who has quite a bit of stuff, and prices that are on some things below ebay prices. He doesn't sell on ebay, so he isn't afflicted with the same issue that other dealers are - that being either sell higher than ebay at their stores, or just sell on ebay and not wait for an item to sell.

Ebay itself has really caused dealers either to unload their tools or to check completed auctions and price higher than those. IME, you either have to go to a huge tool event that happens only periodically, or get lucky and hit a flea market where someone is selling off their dad's stuff.

Sean D Evans
11-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Thanks David.