PDA

View Full Version : Zing 24 interlock issue

Michael Hardy
11-13-2012, 8:02 PM
Hi Creekers,
Ive had my zing 24 since 2009 and had few if any issues. Now its out of warranty...

I have had magnets on the interlocks on the front door for years with the door open with no issues.
I had to move the laser last week so I removed the magnets and closed the door. Today I replaced the magnets and tried to use it again with only partial success. I was running a piece that rastered part of the piece fine, but then nothing. No vector cut.

The only thing I can see is that the interlock light is off. I removed the magnets and shut the door and still no interlock light and no laser firing.

There are 8 wires running to the sensors in the top and front panel above the door, but I can't see what wire connection to each sensor, so I cant test any of the sensor to see if one or more are the issue.

My questions, Does anyone know the pin-outs for the interlock cable to see if I can locate a bad sensor or create a jumper to disable them as a test?
Are the interlocks reed switches or some other sensor? I can see two wires into the sensors for the top cover, but they are black to both sensor, so this does not allow me to deduce any color combinations.

Thanks,

Mike

Dan Hintz
11-14-2012, 7:23 AM
Try reseating the connector...

Michael Hardy
11-14-2012, 11:40 AM
I tried that. I guess I need to contact Epilog next.