PDA

View Full Version : Delta Service

Richard McComas
11-13-2012, 1:03 PM
This is a copy and paste of a post I found on another woodworking site.

"Spoke with one of my suppliers today that vends Delta...

They were informed to put a hold on ordering anything from Delta by Delta...
Anything (tools/machines/parts) that is on BO they are not to expect delivery as orders were not being processed or going to be filled/shipped in the foreseeable future...

Called a second supplier and they confirmed the same...
Don't know if this just these two suppliers or it's Delta everywhere...

this would have been the week that I'd have finished chewing thru the restraints...
if only new layers hadn't been added....

Stick...".

This was confirmed by another poster who had the same experience.

Todd Brewer
11-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Don't intend to buy anything Delta ever again. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?193556-Over-8-months-still-waiting-for-Delta-rebate!&highlight=

Matt Meiser
11-14-2012, 12:36 PM
They posted this on Facebook today which could explain shipping delays.

Busy at work here at DELTA. We are working hard getting our new Distribution Center all set up.

But based on their behavior with the rebate issues, who knows if that's what's really going on.

Curt Harms
11-15-2012, 6:38 AM
It seemed to me that the reason to pay a premium for Delta was that historically you could get parts from them for a decades old machine. If that is no longer the case then they're just another machinery importer except for the new Unisaw. Is any other Delta machinery not of pacific rim origin?

Myk Rian
11-15-2012, 8:56 AM
I would say the Unisaw is of questionable lineage also. Parts wise, I mean.

Curt Harms
11-16-2012, 7:19 AM
I would say the Unisaw is of questionable lineage also. Parts wise, I mean.

True, though I belive that the 'big parts' are domestic.

Edward Dyas
11-16-2012, 8:24 AM
I've used Delta equipment for 40 years and have had a lot of respect for them but the last few pieces of equipment I've bought have been very unhappy with. I rate them below Chicago Electric now.

Doug Richardson
11-16-2012, 8:37 AM
I've used Delta equipment for 40 years and have had a lot of respect for them but the last few pieces of equipment I've bought have been very unhappy with. I rate them below Chicago Electric now.

Chicago Electric????? Oooh, now that's just downright mean..... lol! :rolleyes:

Todd Brewer
11-16-2012, 9:10 PM
Chicago Electric????? Oooh, now that's just downright mean..... lol! :rolleyes:

At least you can go into Harbor Freight and get a refund or exchange, Delta seems to want to delay, delay delay, at least that's my experience.

Delta has apparently shifted to the lowest common denominator. Money today damn tomorrow. Did it change hands recently? I won't give a second glance to a Unisaw. Sad.

Rick Fisher
11-17-2012, 1:40 AM
Many of these companies, General, Delta, Powermatic .. they are famous old domestic names that we woodworkers think of with a sense of history and pride. The truth is that the name is all that's left ..

All three companies are offering Asian manufactured machinery with fluffy upgrades like black knobs instead of chrome, or nicer latches holding the doors closed..

So we have a choice, we can buy Asian imported machinery based on paint colour, or we can buy it based on available customer service .. Personally, I would go for service because under those fancy paint jobs is the same primer ..

Grizzly sells direct, so they are cheaper . Pretty simple stuff .. but if you where to have an 8" jointer crap out after 6 months usage.. Which manufacturer would you most want to contact for warranty service ?

Todd Brewer
11-21-2012, 10:24 PM
I'm not sure what vendor you would want to contact. For me I have dealt with Grizzly shortly after receiving a tool. Great service! Never had a need to contact them later, so can't comment on long term service. Delta rebate is a joke, tool over 8 months to get my rebate, if their service is as "good" as their rebate processing, then I would not walk but run from Delta. In fact I will never but another Delta product.

Don't own General or Powermatic so can't comment on their service.