PDA

View Full Version : Post Vet Day question on discounts

Tony Wilkins
11-13-2012, 11:42 AM
I've been hesitant to ask this question to not seem self serving. As someone who currently serves and will soon be a disabled Vet, I am usually pretty open about asking about military discounts. I haven't in the realm of hand tool woodworking because the tool makers I've dealt with are artisan shops. However, since I know one such company does what they can for vets (thanks Dave Jeske) I know it's not out of the question for them to do so.

So, does anyone else in the toolmaking world do discounts for Military or Vets?

Jim Koepke
11-13-2012, 12:05 PM
So, does anyone else in the toolmaking world do discounts for Military or Vets?

Tony,

Thank you for your service and the sacrifices you have made for all of us.

In my case, being a retiree and a "senior citizen" the thing to remember most of the time is, "if you don't ask, you don't get."

You can always do a search on a company's site.

My finding is just asking for a break on a price when shopping will get some retailers to take a percentage off the price. I was surprised to find this even at some national chains.

jtk

Chris Griggs
11-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Mark Harrell of Bad Axe Tool Works is a retired career military man. I believe he periodically does discounts for vets.

Dave Anderson NH
11-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the wakeup Tony. I am now embarrassed that as a veteran I never even thought about veteran's discounts. Next update of my website I will offer 10% to all vets upon verification of service. I am open to suggestions on how to verify in a way that isn't intrusive or onerous to either party.

Dave
Cpl 0331 USMC (ret)
B 1/7 1968
1st Comined Action Group 1969

Jessica Pierce-LaRose
11-13-2012, 1:17 PM
And Dave's marking knives are top notch.

Tony Wilkins
11-13-2012, 1:34 PM
I've got one of his plane adjusting hammers and a bird cage awl in a box that I just got from him. Unfortunately I'm being good and waiting for Christmas to open said box.