PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
11-12-2012, 10:52 AM
12 Nov 2012

Good Morning Everyone,
Woke up this morning to temps in the 30's and I love the brisk temps and the fall colors. After the blistering summer we had this year, this weather is most welcomed and appreciated by many.

I got some more of my shop cleaned up and ready for some woodworking. I'm planning on doing so serious shop time this week as I've taken some time off work to do just that. I think the LOML is excited about me getting into the shop again. She seems to think that I need that time to help give me a break from family, work, and other pressures that I've been dealing with for the past 3 years. So my hopes are up.

The LOML's mother is here for 2 weeks now and I'm looking forward to the visit.

That's it for me....so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Steven Green
11-12-2012, 11:49 AM
I stitched up the siding on the outside of the new shop, cut a truck load of osage orange for the wood stove and had dinner Sunday evening with the family. It's in the 20's here as well so the firewood is very welcome.

Ryan Hellmer
11-12-2012, 11:57 AM
After a frustrating Saturday, Sunday shaped up to be quite nice. Church and lunch with the family, a quick stop at the autoparts store and then home to work on my '53 GMC pickup. Got it running and the brakes bled. My plan is to get new tires and a few cosmetic details knocked out this week for a little informal car show on Friday. This one's been a long time in the works, so I'm pretty pleased to be putting some time and energy into a long overdue project.

Ryan

Rian de Bruyn
11-12-2012, 2:02 PM
I am building a jewelry chest out of teak 245418

Matt Meiser
11-12-2012, 2:48 PM
Saturday we went to Kencraft to pick up some material to make thresholds to go from the 1860's wood floors in my parents house to new tile floors in the bathrooms which had to sit on top of the old floors. We then went to Woodcraft and turned a pen for a soldier and out to lunch to celebrate LOMLjr's almost perfect report card (one darn B+!) In the evening LOML and I went out to dinner, started a tiny bit of Christmas shopping, etc. Sunday I made the thresholds and did a little straightening in the shop, did grocery shopping with LOML and went to my parents' for dinner as usual.

Jim Becker
11-16-2012, 9:42 PM
Late to the party here...but I got the storage bench in the horse trailer completely built and partially painted this past weekend. I'll be finishing up that project this coming weekend and then it's time to actually clean the shop which is a real sty right now...